fieldsports britain

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do see clays exactly as he does, certainly on that rabbit piece. Interesting interview after for sure..

I think this and the interview in Clay Shooting is all a publicity stunt. :smile:

After all he is only an amateur  ( club) Rugby player so won't get much publicity there. :oops:

He'd do better appearing on Tattoo Fixers. :D

Just watched it and what a breath of fresh air, excellent interview and if he really had the presence of mind to hold on that rabbit hoping for an accidental break resulting in pair again  :cool: , wow, hats off and no way could you begrudge him the 96.

I like people who speak their mind and can back it up with hard facts when needed, whatever way you look at it sport needs bad boys and they just happen to be good for it overall. 

Now lest you think I like Ben as a character, the answer is not really, despite being able to applaud his nous (and undoubted skill) I have unfortunately heard one or two tales of his telling people to f off when confronted, that isn't something you'd put up with. On a personal level too he is one of the very few people who friended and then unfriended me on social media  :lol: , a fact I am actually mighty proud of because another pillock who also did likewise is/was already on my detestable list. They unfriended me because they couldn't handle someone speaking their mind, yet here he is saying I'm big enough to take it.  <_<  Not suggesting I detest Ben by the way but the fair bloke that I am I carried on defending him if I felt he may be being unfairly chastised or misconstrued. 

If you catch someone cheating then say so there and then and be done, no good tarnishing them days or weeks later. I have felt heavy eyes falling on me when I have tried to correct and inform young scorers wrongly docking birds off mates as well as strangers, some it seems have seen that as trying to butter up scores, not the case at all so I know first hand it is possible to fall victim to presumed cheating. 

Ben is very clever and deserves more credit than he gets, he also possibly deserves some of the scorn he receives. 

Just watched it and what a breath of fresh air, excellent interview and if he really had the presence of mind to hold on that rabbit hoping for an accidental break resulting in pair again  :cool: , wow, hats off and no way could you begrudge him the 96.

I like people who speak their mind and can back it up with hard facts when needed, whatever way you look at it sport needs bad boys and they just happen to be good for it overall. 

Now lest you think I like Ben as a character, the answer is not really, despite being able to applaud his nous (and undoubted skill) I have unfortunately heard one or two tales of his telling people to f off when confronted, that isn't something you'd put up with. On a personal level too he is one of the very few people who friended and then unfriended me on social media  :lol: , a fact I am actually mighty proud of because another pillock who also did likewise is/was already on my detestable list. They unfriended me because they couldn't handle someone speaking their mind, yet here he is saying I'm big enough to take it.  <_<  Not suggesting I detest Ben by the way but the fair bloke that I am I carried on defending him if I felt he may be being unfairly chastised or misconstrued. 

If you catch someone cheating then say so there and then and be done, no good tarnishing them days or weeks later. I have felt heavy eyes falling on me when I have tried to correct and inform young scorers wrongly docking birds off mates as well as strangers, some it seems have seen that as trying to butter up scores, not the case at all so I know first hand it is possible to fall victim to presumed cheating. 

Ben is very clever and deserves more credit than he gets, he also possibly deserves some of the scorn he receives. 
Well written, sir.

Hamster ,

You have just gone down in my opinion of you !

What a stupid and irresponsible comment to make , you obviously do not know Ben Husthwaite at all .

Quote :-

"Ben is very clever"

Rubbish , he is a Leicester Pikey. :D

Being sensible (rare moment)

Ben, you either love him or loathe him , he has never done me any harm and has done me a few favours , he has told me to go forth and multiply numerous times , but he knows I know my job and he doesn't try any smart tricks . He uses the rules to his advantage and if he was to ever step over the line , how many would have the go nads to discipline him???????? A few have muttered but never come up with the facts.

I absolutely detest his choice of nail polish.

Watched it, enjoyed listening to it, no never met him to speak to, hopefully they will do more of them

Big yawn quite frankly.  I don't know him but of course I've heard the stories, hitting too close to trees etc.  He's a showman and he can shoot so good for his sponsors.  I've had one interaction, one Christmas I "won" a shooting lesson with him for Tony.  He was keen for me to share that with everyone on Facebook inviting my daughter and I come as well.  Too bad he never actually got round to committing to the lesson. 

I think this and the interview in Clay Shooting is all a publicity stunt. :smile:

After all he is only an amateur  ( club) Rugby player so won't get much publicity there. :oops:

He'd do better appearing on Tattoo Fixers. :D
indeed...6th tier of Rugby. I doubt he puts 'Rugby Player' as his profession when filling out forms...

My only experience of him was him Friend requesting (on facebook) me when I first started shooting, shortly after I had posted that I was going to have a lesson with another well known coach in the midlands... Not that long after, I was 'unfriended' by him. What a pity, such a shame, I was so upset....

No doubt about his ability, some doubts about his character.... 

Last edited by a moderator:
To add some balance, i have a couple of good points to put on this thread.In 1999 the first international comp i went too was the world fitasc sporting in france,and i didnt realy know anyone.I had a realy bad old rizzini at the time that kept double discharging, sat having a brew probably looking pied off a young ben h came up to me and introduced himself and i went on to tell him about the gun being crap,so he then introduced me to allan rhone who offered to try and fix it,and then got the ground to lend me a gun to finishh the day with.A few years later in prague he saw me struggling to get up the hill to the first peg,droped everything and pushed me in my wheelchair to the stand and whatched us shoot it then gave me some tips on where i was going wrong.He has also helped for free with coaching for some of our disabled shooters .So for all the things people dont like about him there are things he does that are very good.Im not totally ignoring the bad things but there are enough coments about them,so i thought i would add some good ones.

Paul,

Very correct , he is a bad boy with a big ego , but inside ticks a heart of Gold . Say what you like about him , but actually when you get to know him he's an okay guy.

i don't know the man but the more I watch the interview the more I like him ,  good sense of humour  and  one of the best shots in the world !  

Also never met him but heard a lot of rumours. There is usually no smoke without fire but I prefer to make my own opinion. A lot of stuff seems to be post incident or event. If you don't mention it at the time then it can't be that much of an issue. The tactic on the rabbit is legit.

I have seen him offer free gunfit sessions to newer shooters on FB which is a nice touch to give back to the sport.

I don't shoot sporting of any description BUT, to me at least, anybody who misses a target then has the time to think and let another go hoping for it to break KNOWING he will get the pair again if it does deserves a lot more accolades than people calling him a cheat for having balls and knowing what he is doing... in my opinion. The people who are calling foul just never even had the nouse to think about it... well done him... and refreshingly professional of him.

I don't shoot sporting of any description BUT, to me at least, anybody who misses a target then has the time to think and let another go hoping for it to break KNOWING he will get the pair again if it does deserves a lot more accolades than people calling him a cheat for having balls and knowing what he is doing... in my opinion. The people who are calling foul just never even had the nouse to think about it... well done him... and refreshingly professional of him.
brilliant post john, very good and true observations.

I have never heard him interviewed in fact I have never seen him shoot even on vids.

I like him based on that interview alone. He is honest and also very very confident, I like personalities' that are confident verging on arrogant . Nice bloke ?

brilliant post john, very good and true observations.

I have never heard him interviewed in fact I have never seen him shoot even on vids.

I like him based on that interview alone. He is honest and also very very confident, I like personalities' that are confident verging on arrogant . Nice bloke ?
he can back his confidence up  with solid shooting  as he said rugby first  shooting second !    

Latest posts

Back