fibre vs plastic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a complete load of stuttering , commentary . Interestingly how many pellet strikes in the Gazebo roof ?

Is this the new face of journalism?

Does this prove that the Plastic are s***e and the fibre really are a good cartridge?????? 😁

It doesn't prove anything except that it's worth checking the pattern that you get from your cartridges because you might learn something, (as the gentleman said.)

Theres a lot more to a shell than pattern on a plate.  The best fibre is still no match for the cheapest plastic. shoot a 30yard  chandelle  back to back fibre and plastic   and tell me there's no difference in brakes

It doesn't prove anything except that it's worth checking the pattern that you get from your cartridges because you might learn something, (as the gentleman said.)
Ever heard of 'humour'???

FreeShot, thanks for uploading that ! I wouldnt know where to start doing that stuff. appreciated. as some one else noted dont think it proves a lot when the patterns soo high and only comparing one shot against another, half a dozen prefureably (?) from differant batches would be better to show true readings, but it does prove that you should get gun fit/poi checked , wether you pattern out your favorite  cartridge is like opening pandoras box really....if its all loverly and even etc etc alls happy in the world, if you find its hugely centre dense with stragglers dotted around the perimeter randomly...or gaps all over  the confidence is then down the pan.....

Theres a lot more to a shell than pattern on a plate.  The best fibre is still no match for the cheapest plastic. shoot a 30yard  chandelle  back to back fibre and plastic   and tell me there's no difference in brakes
I would certainly agree with all you say except the "brakes" part.  I'd be looking for a difference in breaks personally, but to each their own.    :poke:

Interestingly I started to look at other you tube pattern items, and when the same guy was testing the latest eley strikes(?) titanium or what ever they are called I did notice he said, right we will pattern with 1/4 choke....and promptly put the shell in the top tube...so it might be the multis are the opposite way for what ever reason in that 525, hence  a possible fuba on the actuall patterns thrown by select previously.............

l shot the same 100 bird shoot same day with plastic then with fibre to see the difference, my scores were within 2 or 3 clays of each other, and it wasn't a particularly easy shoot either! My theory is with fibre you get more consistency but a slightly wider pattern, with plastic it can depend on when the plastic wad "flowers" introducing possible variations, depending on which brand you prefer. For me fibre does the job just as well, but it took me a long time to accept this.

• Common knowledge holds that plastic wads contribute to a lower level of shot deformation and consequently  better patterns.  I have never seen a definitive proof of this but it has a good intuitive feel.  If Mr. Winston could be enlisted in this exploration I'm sure some confidence could be gained for either contention.   As it is there is only some decidedly questionable "data" and unsubstantiated opinions.  for me the simple fact that plastic leaves no lead smears in the barrel is more than enough reason to avoid fiber.

Back