Favourite shot size

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have been using velocities 28g 7.5s but thinking of switching to hull superfasts 27g 7.5s will be put through 1/4 & 1/4 choke for all sporting. 

I do find this technical information on the forum highly useful. Bizarrely it has failed to increase my scores...

Clearly, you're not paying close enough attention.  The info here is near oracle quality and the fault is certainly not in it.    :angel:

Hull Comp X 28g Fibre cos they're the cheapest i can get my grubby little mits on and the grounds i go to require fibre wad.

My favourite shot size is 9 shot its very versatile, excellent on close range targets with open chokes, and when you turn the cartridge over and tighten up the chokes  its excellent on going away rabbit clays and very long range targets.

Your A Tease Salopian and I ain't biting this one :)

Hull Superfast (27g 7.5) and Muller U1 & U2 on everything (only shoot sporting and skeet). However, neither are responsible for me missing targets, that is purely down to my lack of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
50CalShotGlass.jpg

Tend to shoot nothing but 24g 7s...usual brand is Victory Compak

Through the sporter it's 1/2 and 1/2, through the trap gun it's 3/4 and full

The way I look at it is this - remove as many variables as possible then just concentrate on the clays

Sportsman Super Smoker 28g 7 1/2. The price is right and the nice gentleman even puts them in one's motor car. With reference to Westley's post I realise I'm just not thinking this through in a scientific manner. I have to admit I had never realised there was a genuine reason for multi-pocketed garments up to now.

I do find this technical information on the forum highly useful. Bizarrely it has failed to increase my scores...
You must be privileged - ​I just get give the trolley to take my own out to the car!

Hi Sian, yes am getting on well with them! Am pleased with them performance wise and for cleaning. 

I have used them tonight and shot my PB with them bringing in a 68% and beating my best mate which is a first ever.

Nearly finished the first slab and a second slab ready to go ! But already am confident of what my next cartridge re supply is going to be.

Hope you are well, are you still doing the Jack Pyke shoot next month ?

ATB

Matt

Hi Sian, yes am getting on well with them! Am pleased with them performance wise and for cleaning. 

I have used them tonight and shot my PB with them bringing in a 68% and beating my best mate which is a first ever.

Nearly finished the first slab and a second slab ready to go ! But already am confident of what my next cartridge re supply is going to be.

Hope you are well, are you still doing the Jack Pyke shoot next month ?

ATB

Matt
​Glad to hear you like them and very well done on your PB.  Yes I am well thank you and very much looking forward to shooting the Jack Pyke - first time for me.

Same here, Am in a squad with PhilS so may get to say Hi, I havent met Phil before either so it will be good to put some names to faces !

ATB

Matt 
Likewise I'm looking forward to it. Be good to meet you. You'll also meet Rupert from here and his good lady who always beats him ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What time are you squadded Sian?
​I have noted 1 pm on my calendar in iPhone but I am thinking I will ring and just check that before the day.  Do they release squads before the competition or just let you know when you arrive?

Back