favour from DT11 owners

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On mine seems like barrel only touches receiver when forend is removed the bottom of the action is very near razor sharp I think to make a mark as big as that the barrel must be maken contact ever time the gun is opened and is only going to get worse or is been disassembled with way to much force

I never noticed until now how sharp the bottom of the action is I will be disassembling mine very gently from now on, is the dt10 as sharp ?

It is not a case of publicising this fault on any forum.

It is more a case of ensuring safety, by going back to a gunsmith or the manufacturers agent and having an inspection and an assurance that it is safe to use.

You will find bad publicity makes them take notice, it would be a long time before that mark would be a safety issue there is a lot of barrel where that mark is, and it's getting GMK to admit it's not normal that will be the problem forums like this do help

I had issues with a Dt11 and I believe putting it on this forum and the feedback an support from members helped my outcome, I could be wrong but it certainly didn't hurt

Thanks all for the replies.

GMK say wear and tear - dealer says not right so back to GMK again for total reassurance.

I've passed on the disassembly comments so he can look at how he takes it apart - just in case it's is that without him realising.

Get GMK to confirm in writing that "the dent, and the position of the dent, and the fact that another part of the shotgun which makes the dent .........'will categorically not' result in the barrels to blow at that point.....or close to it.....because of this poor construction anomaly?"

Ask if they would prefer to change the shotgun rather than risk any future Court appearances, as you have brought this fault to their attention.

Just looked at mine and same line is there but it's not a grove just some of the bluing removed and it's from disassembling the gun I wouldn't worry about it, but if your friend is not happy he should keep at them and putting this on a forum is a good way of doing it
Had another look at mine, I also have a small mark, but not a dent as such. I seem to remember my DT10 had such a mark too.

I am going to stick my neck out and say that these marks are probably caused during assembly / dismantle.

Ips it could be but to make a grove like that you would have to be opening the gun with a lot of force after you remove the fore end, could it be on that gun the barrels are touching the action even when the fore end is in place causing the grove to deepen every time the gun is opened

Point taken, be interesting to see what the outcome is that's for sure.

I have no idea if Beretta USA is following corp policy or not, but their refusal to acknowledge a problem I had with one of their guns, a 682EELL,  made me a non-Beretta buyer since that time.  Not that they will feel that pinch I'm sure but I have pushed some $ into the gun market since and none of it went to Beretta at absolutely no detriment to me.

just sayin'

Charlie

I am going to stick my neck out and say that these marks are probably caused during assembly / dismantle.
Mine is more like a minute scrape, not a groove. Had a word with the gunsmith at GMK, he checked several others and they had the same thing in varying degrees. Most likely cause when assembling or taking apart. Apparently no more dangerous than any other point on a barrel where the blueing wears off. These marks also happened on DT10's too.The place in question is the thickest part of the barrel right by the mono block. As far as I'm aware the marks are less severe than the depth of the marks stamped into the underside of the tube.

Seems my suspicions may well be correct then.

Insert smug grin smiley thing below.

Just checked and my 10 has same mark on barrel and on action and i am very gentle with assembly so seems its an unavoidable thing.

Les

top man - thanks for doing that I'll pass it on and sort of confirms the advice he had from them. He has a confirmation e mail to that effect as well confirming in order and I passed on the comments about assembly so should be sorted.

Ips cheers for that.

Dibs

Seems my suspicions may well be correct then.

Insert smug grin smiley thing below.
Yes Ian you seem to have been right on the spot mate! I did remember seeing it on my old 10 and that way way back.

Got the same on my 692. More a rub / wear than a scrape / gouge. Now after cleaning I put some hinge grease over it to stop it getting any worse.

same here either way is a bad design fault that should be looked into 

Latest posts

Back