Fabarm RS12 Axis Sporter?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other option, assuming it is more comb height that you need, is buy a standard gun and add a comb raiser. Recoil Systems do one that sticks on and works well.
Ye I've seen those. Are they more reasonable that have an adjustable comb fitted?

I know they aren't that "attractive" to look at though and would they cause any damage to the stock if i was to ever remove it?

Can be a good option. Much cheaper than an adj comb conversion. You can buy a very cheap rubber version from any gun shop that you just tape on with electrical tape. A common adjustment that instructors use. It will prove the point before spending a bit more.

Will's advice is sound in that an experienced eye looking over you and any prospective gun would be worthwhile.

Spending a few quid on a lesson with a good coach would pay dividends before you purchase any gun, they will ensure that the fundamentals of appropriate posture and stance are there and that can transform what feels like an ill fitting gun into something that is spot on.

A good coach may also help you choose a gun too and give peace of mind.

The review in the link that you posted was for a 20b so very likely a lighter weight gun so don't be too put off.

I would say that don't set out to try and buy your perfect gun now, if you happen to find it then fantastic, but it is reasonable to assume that after a year or two your thoughts may change as your skill and technique develops.

Most important of all is choose the gun that makes you happy, don't stress about the opinions of others as what might work for them does not mean it will work for you.

If you are happy in your choice you will shoot better with it as so much of this game is confidence.

The Fabarm is not a bad choice, the looks are a bit marmite and they are fairly rare, but that doesn't make them bad.  The quality of manufacture is good and if you point it in the right place it will do its job.

Being right for you is more important than the label or resale value, after all if you shoot it well you aint gonna want to get rid.

As mentioned many times fit is important, if you can get a wise head to watch you shoot it along with a few other guns that will be way more valuable than a magazine review or opinions on a forum.

Also be warned buying guns is addictive :)

I may do a bit of research into a 2nd hand 525 then before committing to buying anything.

With regards to the adjustable comb - if I've been advised that i need one in order for the gun to fit me properly is this something that i should really try for or should i be fine without one do you think?
At 6ft 5 in and a long neck, a longer stock sounds more use.

But I have not met you nor seen you shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I missed it was a 20b in the review! (Assumed it was a review of the gun to be used..) I wonder what the 12g weighs..

Quick look online says 3.2 kg, or 7lbs. Yes, still too light..

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but everyone who is a complete novice or lady shooter that go to premier gun always say you need adjustable stock and always say buy a silver pigeon or 525??

Sorry, I missed it was a 20b in the review! (Assumed it was a review of the gun to be used..) I wonder what the 12g weighs..

Quick look online says 3.2 kg, or 7lbs. Yes, still too light..
7lbs does seem very light.

Edit: I had a quick look at the Fabarm website and it suggests that the weight is 7.6lb - 7.9lb.  Still not heavy for a clay bashing gun, but better.

I guess half the battle is a lack of sound information around this gun.

7lbs does seem very light.

Edit: I had a quick look at the Fabarm website and it suggests that the weight is 7.6lb - 7.9lb.  Still not heavy for a clay bashing gun, but better.

I guess half the battle is a lack of sound information around this gun.
This is the problem I'm having; there isn't that much information about them and they don't appear to be a very common choice so there isnt much advise out there from people who have used them or own them.

I shot it that once and seems to get on ok with it and its got the benefit of the adjustable comb (which i was advised i needed) and a gun smith said that they dont have the hype that Beretta and Browning have but the build quality etc is just as good and for £850 he would have it but then when I've asked around a lot advise not to bother and to go for a Beretta or Browning and spend more so i really dont have a clue what to do!  :yell:

Interesting

Thanks for the comments Tron.

Its an over under I'm looking for.

If i can pick up a decent t Browning 525 for arounf £1000/1100 (maybe £1200 at a push) then i may just play it safe and go for one of those instead

Yeah, I just woke up and wasn't thinking clearly.  They do look nice, but personally, I'm not a Fab fan.  I just think there are far better offerings in that price segment by either Browning or Beretta, with better resale to boot.

Jb

http://www.tronspace.com/Pages/default.aspx

From what I've seen with customers at the patterning boards, it's really hard to beat a Browning out of the box in regards to barrel regulation.  Sure, you may need to go with another brand of chokes for patterning concerns, but both barrels almost always shoot in the same spot.  I just can not say this about many other brands.  I mean, nothing seems to even come remotely close unless you spend at least three times as much.  The best deal out there is the Citori Crossover.  I don't know how they make any money on that gun. 

http://www.tronspace.com/Pages/default.aspx

Ive had another look and this is the one I've been offered. Its actually a trap gun but the rib can be altered and so its currently being shot with a much lower rib than you would use in trap. 

It says that the weight is 8lb 14oz which is obviously heavier than we initially though. 

http://fabarmusa.com/axis-rs-12-trap/

See what you think

Could be this one actually because this is the 30in barrel version. Still 8lb 6oz - is that good or not really?

http://fabarmusa.com/axis-rs-12-sporting-qrr/

That is an awful lot of gun for £850, but as said before the most important thing is that it fits you.

I would buy that gun for that money, but you have to be happy.

Thats whats tempting me. He paid about £1500 for it new 14months ago and has only put about 1500 cartridges through it in that time and is willing to do it me at a good price as he's a family friend.

The guys i were shooting with said it looked to fit me well and i shot well with it. It was the 5th time i had ever shot and the first time with that gun and got 31/50 which they seemed to think was a decent effort!?

I think you should make sure which gun it is, as the links you provided are for two totally different guns. You also want to know what you want to shoot the most IE - Trap/Sporting/Skeet etc and buy a gun to suit - wether its the one your offered or not is up to you.

Back