Express Supreme Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a recomendation to me from a friend I bought a slab of LE Supreme Game 30g fibre 6. This should be purfect for 10 days of the little DIY shoot am on anyway.

I bought them to use in my Side-by-Side and over/under £68 a slab so nothing terrible cost wise, our first day is next saturday and I have to say sorting threw my kit they do look very smart with the high brass all lined up in my leather cartridge belt, another nice touch IMO to make the day nice / special after a year of work partys and looking after the birds.

Just incase though I do have a slab of Pigeon Power fibre 6`s @ £45 a slab. Just incase the LESG dont perform.

The few folk I have spoken to about the GB Black gold dark storm have all commented that they didnt like them and found them sharp and noticably heavier on recoil. So am giving them a miss ! I would be interested once ive used these LESG to try a 30gram fibre offering from Hull as I havent ever tried any of there offerings.

ATB

Matt

High pheasant extreme are superb and very soft on recoil. I use them for all my game in 34g 5s and 36g 4s

Ed, once I have used up these I have here I will try the Hulls but 34 gram is way OTT for my shooting, we are a DIY shooting bunch and its a mix of shooting but no massivley high birds and when we walk one area for the snipe we are just in a line and its more american style "upland" shooting as they call it !

In my Side-by-side 30grams is plenty and I doubt i would notice any difference if it were 28gram of lead.

Although I would love to be able to spend a day watching Dave Carrie with his Browning/MK hybrid shooting those high birds like we see in the videos of his with Johnathan !

ATB

Matt 

They certainly do them in 32s (guy I'm loading for tomo uses them) maybe even 30. Traditional high pheasant are certainly available in 30g as well mate maybe worth a look as also very soft.

I use the Hull high pheasant extreme, 32gram 6's. Lovely cartridge and pretty soft on recoil compared to other game cartridges. You just have to remember that they are continental shot sizes, so the 32gram 6's are very close to uk 5's and so on. This isn't uncommon as I believe that Black golds are all continental shot sizes as well.

The Hulls are well worth a try, very sweet cartridges.

Back