Express Super Comp

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubby

having not shot these for a long time I thought I would give them another go, BUT what is the recoil like? I tried World Cup and had to have a shoulder op after each shot. :cry:

Like a superb or a viper not as thumpy as world cup
Yes I would say they're indistinguishable from Superbs both in terms of recoil and breaking signature :lol: :.: . Matt's right, I am a genius, just invented a new poncy shooting term :lol: . Don't know what the Viper's are like but the World Cups are just too punchy, as good as they are. The Express Supers will cost about a reg entry more per thou though :???: :frown: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammy, are you confusing them with express SUPREME?

CSC3
Yes I think you're right, the Supers are in the transparent case and near as dammit the same as Eley Superbs, the Super Comps are those semi transparent pink ones aren't they? I last bought a thou in the 90's and they are naff, not to mention krap.

The Supremes are those black ones with the brass near enough the same length as the case :lol: :.: , about £950 per box of 25 :lol: , very good shells with tolerable recoil but surprisingly even (not centre dense) characteristics.

Who makes the 'supers' in the transparent case and who makes the pink 'super comps'? not familiar with these

Who makes the 'supers' in the transparent case and who makes the pink 'super comps'? not familiar with these
Express Supers - transparent cases, these are a solid competition shell

Express Super Comp - pinky transparent cases, these are club shells

Express World Cups - light blue cases, solid competition shell also excellent for acquiring a flinch

Express Supremes - way too beautiful to actually fire off, as good a shell as you'd find

The pinky cases used to be the Express HV,

clear cases ...... supercomp

blue cases......... world cup

black cases........ supreme

supers? who knows.

as per express website, their line up are now

HV.... red shell

pro comp...... blue shell

super comp....clear shell

world cup........ blue shell

supreme......... black shell

English sporter.... red shell

still no sign of 'supers'

The pinky cases used to be the Express HV,

clear cases ...... supercomp

blue cases......... world cup

black cases........ supreme

supers? who knows.

as per express website, their line up are now

HV.... red shell

pro comp...... blue shell

super comp....clear shell

world cup........ blue shell

supreme......... black shell

English sporter.... red shell

still no sign of 'supers'
I'm sure you're right, I used to use the Supers for many years but switched to Eley Superbs when the passed the £100 mark which of course was a long time ago. Back then the Supers were in a transparent case, I imagine now replaced by the Super Comp. The HV are still the same as before, the Pro Comp is probably what I'm confusing with the Super Comp :lol: . The important thing is that the HV's are awful, the Supremes are a £1 a pop, the World Cups should be avoided on health grounds, the English Sporter is good but cynically loaded to kick you into opting for the more profitable lines.

From experience I know the supercomp has been available from the early 90's, superb's arrived in the last 10yrs. Never heard of 'supers' before or after supercomp's.

Back