English Open - any news yet ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. Lets hope you don't sit at your computer again critiquing the scores,and opinions of others who actually shot or even saw the course this time.
Well free speech and all that, I'll critique what I like when I like with humour of course, you don't have to follow my posts if you don't get them. It doesn't sound like a well rounded or clever shoot looking at Facebook comments so perhaps I got lucky with my critique ??

Well free speech and all that, I'll critique what I like when I like with humour of course, you don't have to follow my posts if you don't get them. It doesn't sound like a well rounded or clever shoot looking at Facebook comments so perhaps I got lucky with my critique ??
In that case,you crack on mate,you're only making yourself look foolish. There's not really anything to get about guesses,and second or third hand information.

You have to admit 98 is bloody crazy. Respect to Mr. Winser. B)   B)   B)

Well that was fun Nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! shot really really pants and hated every minute of it other then chatting to friends.

Fin.

I'm thinking of setting up a counselling group for attendees of this event. Everybody welcome except Mark Winser. :)

Not the best comp I've shot at Southdown, but still enjoyed it.  Three and a half hours to get round, stand rotations seemed a little odd (started in the lane, shot 5 stands, then over to the valley for another 6, then back to the lane for the last 4??)  Got wet through out in the valley, and had to walk for miles!

Nothing too tricky, IMHO, but I dropped soooo many silly ones, maybe they were!?!  Lots of good shooters putting in low scores, makes Mark Winser's 98 seem like a miracle!

Good to see you again Shaun!  And Fortismark...and...chippy!  And probably a few others I didn't recognise through rain-soaked glasses!

Would love to shoot that course again on a sunny day!

Thank you to Teepee for putting us up.
I shot a 71 never really got going no straight stands made it hard to build a score.
Not unhappy (I never am)
I could have shot better though.

Not the best comp I've shot at Southdown, but still enjoyed it.  Three and a half hours to get round, stand rotations seemed a little odd (started in the lane, shot 5 stands, then over to the valley for another 6, then back to the lane for the last 4??)  Got wet through out in the valley, and had to walk for miles!

Nothing too tricky, IMHO, but I dropped soooo many silly ones, maybe they were!?!  Lots of good shooters putting in low scores, makes Mark Winser's 98 seem like a miracle!

Good to see you again Shaun!  And Fortismark...and...chippy!  And probably a few others I didn't recognise through rain-soaked glasses!

Would love to shoot that course again on a sunny day!
Good to see you too Tony as always could not have described it better myself although I really shot as bad as I possibly ever have

although I would hate to shoot it again sun or not feel well and truly buggered and will walk funny for days my highlight of the day was doing 80mph in the other direction when I left. :spiteful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought the shoot was firm but fair! shot a 77 in the end straighted a few stands and just kept dropping 1 or 2 eating away my score hit all the long stuff well!

Overall pleased as shot only just under my average and basing it against much better people on the board ended well.

Organisation of stands was dire though and trying to start the next start times on stands before the previous 1s had finished was just plain stupid so at the end made big waits!

Just my 2 cents

I have heard Mark Winser's score has been scrubbed. He didn't have a Kite mark on his glasses. 

George Digweed may be the winner but may not be able to lift the cup due to anorexia!

Shot this today ! Worst shoot of the year , how do Southdown keep getting so wrong ???

I shot this yesterday and thought it was the toughest shoot of the year so far! I was 10 below my average!! There were no gimmies, not one driven target over 15 stands!!! 1 teal and one stand with a pair of rabbits! Why do these clubs keep putting the only rabbits on the same stand?? Otherwise some good stands and good targets that needed thinking about. 

The organisation was poor though. We got to our first stand and had to wait for 7 groups to finish from the 11am rotation before we started. We ended up starting 45 minutes late. Why could they not have told us when we signed in??? It would have saved us standing around in the wind and rain getting cold for over an hour waiting to start!!  To only allow 2 hours to shoot 15 stands with squads of 6 people and a long gap between the two halves of the course was unrealistic and greedy!! in the end we didn't finish until after 5pm!!! 

All in all not a shoot that i will be rushing back to!

On a positive not what an amazing 98 from Mark Winser!! That's fantastic shooting in anyone's book, well done Mark!

:fie:  I hear that they are giving out "crying " towels next year! :crazy:
I will be first in the queue and expect it to be bath towel size! but beforehand I will be sending them Steve Lovatts phone number so we can have targets that are befitting of the competition.

Back