English Open 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admit to being the one who has put the handwritten results on our website simply on the basis that I thought it better than not having anything to show. When we do receive the electronic files the results will be shown in full.

Hand written results are better than no results at all - jeez it is only a temporary fix!

Hand written 2 days after the event shows me the cpsa really don't care much for skeet. if it was sporting it would have been on the same day I bet.

The ground runs the event and supplies the CPSA with the information that they need, in my experience the CPSA have posted any info that I have supplied to them immediately. They were getting hammered for not putting any results on at all - they have now put something on so at least we can see who won and they are still getting hammered for it. 

I think there are more important issues that need addressing now, at least we have some scores and with much more detail tomorrow when Doveridge are open and can provide further info.

We should be congratulating Simon on his super win and all those others that have won or shot well. Let's celebrate the good rather than focus on a bit of admin that will be totally out of date tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I started shooting competitions 10 years ago, the reporting of results was dismal everywhere. The Internet was not exactly embraced by most shooting grounds. Some still thought it was witchcraft I think. Nowadays it is so simple and any ground that cannot be bothered to do something as simple as post results doesn't deserve to host an event IMO. It should be a condition of being awarded the event to host. It's not exactly hard, even if you just stick photos of the scores screen on Facebook / here.

Thanks Julesy, I think I'm going up to AA soon, it was nice in A while it lasted!

?

Congrats Simon on your win. one up for the left handlers. Nice to see Craig lakeys name up there again and Louis mondesir back in the fold again even if it is only for a day. Just one more comment,not looking forward to my six year old getting into shooting if it's gonna cost nearly £50 quid to shoot 100 targets. Think il try and get him into golf!

I've been right handed now for 5 ish years! Up the righties...... Down with the lefties..........!

Excellent shoot run by the best skeet club in the country DOVERIDGE. Well done to the shooters who shot the ton.and well done to Simon Hill who won it after a briil shoot off.   the shoot ran like clock work.well done to all the staff.
What when the trapper carries a chair round and sits down to button !

I had the same referee on range 3, I think, like Darkside said "What does it matter ?"

it never seemed to bother any of our squad members, one of which did 100 straight  :)

Had that trapper in the past , hope he's changed as a few years ago there were concerns that he put his seat not always in the right position ie the shooter would be blocking his view of the full flight of the bird , which obviously is not ideal .

Can't see a problem with it myself.  It would be more important to me that he presses the button when I call pull, knows the rules and watches the targets to correctly call target killed/lost.

Come on guys it's the bloody English Open not a Sunday skeet shoot can you imagine the English open Snooker 

"Ronny just need this for the frame just a Minuit the ref is just getting settled down  on his chair !" 

Are you saying you do not think a qualified but disabled referee should work at the English Open if he could not stand all day?  If that is the case should disabled sitting shooters should not be allowed to enter for fear of slowing the squad down?  I always thought clay shooting was supposed to be an inclusive sport.

Are you saying you do not think a qualified but disabled referee should work at the English Open if he could not stand all day?  If that is the case should disabled sitting shooters should not be allowed to enter for fear of slowing the squad down?  I always thought clay shooting was supposed to be an inclusive sport.
Not at all if he is disabled i would expect him to use a wheelchair not carry a chair round 

So everyone who is disabled should have a wheelchair. Have a word with yourself. 

Back