Eley Superbs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So then. Shot 2 comps at the weekend with the 'New Gun'.  Shot a mix of 8s and 7.5.s.  Mind is completely made up now.  Its the 7.s.  They bust an edgy 60yd crosser with aplomb.   The 8s didn't quite have the same impact.  On long trap birds and the big teals, the 7.5s were king.  Due in no doubt to being almost a shot size bigger than the 8's (UK 8.5s).  I'm now settled on them as my go to shell for both of my guns.  I will pick up my 1000 Titanium Strikes this week too. (Just for the real long stuff).

Always shot VIP Trap 7.5 & VIP Skeet until I encountered a quite heavy dip in form and felt I couldn’t do the cost justice so dropped down to Superb 7.5. When my supplier ran out and only had 8’s I reluctantly gave them a go and am glad I did, still can’t believe what they’ll break!. Now only carry 8s and 7s but very rare do I feel the need to use a 7.

I bought a slab of "superbs" in a "luxury" case at Wiltshires Rods&guns the other week (under their own branding/boxes), and I was very pleased with them. A bit kicker than my compx, but they were making very nice dustballs in my backbored barrels. I would try them again, given a chance.

I switched to Superbs from fiocchi.

couldn't believe the difference in breaks, I use a mixture of 8s and 7.5s for sporting with the odd 7 in for real long stuff. Shot a 65/70 yard teal on a fitasc shoot with 1/2 choke with the 7 a few weeks ago was completely surprised. 

Trap, I use 7.5 bottom barrel, 7 top.

That impressI've just bought another 10k.

lee

I notice that these are being sold down here... but at €272 per thousand I would want them to be breaking targets on their own. I can buy Trust super trap for €220 or RIO star team EVO for €236 and Fiocchi Offical for €276 per 1000

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Ireland for the worlds and shot these as they were only 220 a thousand inthe gun shop there,prefer the power golds still but these a close secind.

Latest posts

Back