Eley Olympic Blues

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew

OK, so they have been on sale for a little while and the Olympic stocks are now being exhausted.

As an Olympic fan (28g 7 1/2) and gutted it will be discontinued,

Have any of you got good feedback on the replacement Olympic Blue shell?

I am hearing mixed reviews.

cheers Sleepy

OK, so they have been on sale for a little while and the Olympic stocks are now being exhausted.

cheers Sleepy
they are orange and have a viper on em mate haha

cheers Sleepy

Shot 25 today along with 25 of my usual Hull Superfast at local 50 birder. One of each in each barrel. Can not say that I noticed any great difference. Eley may just have recoiled a bit more. I would not buy Eley, which is just a personal thing, but even so there was nothing about them that inspired me.

cheers Sleepy
Nothing like the cartridge they used to be Sleepy ! Cut one open and have a look at the shot then go and pattern test them ..not very good IMO !

cheers Sleepy
I've so far got through 750 and have just about made up my mind to stick with them for the foreseeable future due mainly to the fact they happen to be available round my way, have lower recoil than the previous Olympics and the price.

It's been a long search to experiment with different loads and shot sizes to try and replace my staple loads of Superbs but lack of supplies of brands available elsewhere and the fact that good loads such as the Fiocchi FBlacks have similar recoil and price to Superbs has meant I'm left with Hobson's Choice. 

I'm getting perfectly acceptable breaks on anything I can hit bar distant going aways and long quartering clays so currently mixing in about a box of Superbs per round, they're delivering in the low recoil department which is what I've been after, they aren't as fast into the target as Superbs but tolerable.

Latest posts

Back