Ejector removal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonix

Bit of a newbie question really!

Can anyone tell me how to remove my ejectors on my maxum?

And my Miroku for that matter too..

Id like to clean them out properly and there doesnt seem to be an obvious way?!

Last edited by a moderator:
The miroku ones if you look through the small hole in the side of the ejector you will see a small screw in the bottom, take it out with a flat blade driver. Be warned the heads tear off them easily and are then in for life. You may need to slide the ejector forward to see the screw.

Ahaa!

Found a method on shotgunworld.com.

So think I have it sorted.

Here is a quote for information purposes:

OK this what Lucas at CG told me to do and it's easy.

Place the barrel assembly on a hard flat clean surface with the barrells pointing up vertically. Press down hard. This compresses the extractor towards the breach. Look on the side where the ejector slides back and forth and you'll see a little shiny steel donut. That's the stopper that keeps the ejector from flying out. Remove it with a very small jewelers screwdriver or tooth pick sized tool. (you cant unless the ejector is depressed fully) Next while continuing to press down hard use the same very small screwdriver tool to depress the secondary catch at the end of the ejector (it's black and on the end of the ejector that faces the chokes and between top & btm barrels you'll see)

OK now once you press in that little detent catch slowly let off pressure on holding the barrels down. CAREFUL wear safety glasses because if you let go the spring comes flying out - trust me I got a grease spot on my workshop wall. The ejector slides out and you should find a spring and a black plunger that pushes on the ejector itself. Now when you replace the ejector without the spring and plunger the action of opening your barrel will bring up the shell

Back