EJC Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

I'm going to have a bash at the EJC Challenge on Saturday along with Mr Hoskins.  The goal is to not come last but any tips for me :)

dont miss too many ......... if you dont want to come last double barrell the eassier stuff , 50% better than 0

oh & pick up some tips for me !

Good luck

Don't dare tell me what her score was because I will fixate on it.  I am looking forward to it.  It is fibre isn't it -  I know you have told me before but I just forget these things.

She hit.. No I wouldn't do that to you. :)

Erm.. They are a fibre ground, but allow plas for the reg shoot. I confess to shooting plas at the Challenge.. I didn't ask and nobody picked me up for it..

I'm going to have a bash at the EJC Challenge on Saturday along with Mr Hoskins.  The goal is to not come last but any tips for me :)
There are eight stands and a sequence. You'll benefit greatly by being last to shoot the sequence. I was first up and I'm just not quick enough at reading birds to have realised that in some of those sim pairs you need to shoot a certain one first. If I'd have had a chance to watch more I think I would have done much better. But hey! It's sporting, them's the breaks.

Otherwise, mostly reasonably ok stuff. Quartering rabbit needed more lead than I thought, and one of the teals moves across quite a bit but that was my own fault for not shooting it on the way up. Wombat. I can't say I covered myself in glory, but I beat everyone I went with, and that's all that matters :) ETA not by much, but still!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Liz.   The sequences never stay in my head long enough even if I shoot last!   As found out at the Compak at Hornet the other week.   I have a seriously bad memory for remembering something I have seen two minutes before!!   Anyway I will definitely try to do my best not to come last.  Think of my at 3pm and send good vibes my way.

Thanks for that Liz.   The sequences never stay in my head long enough even if I shoot last!   As found out at the Compak at Hornet the other week.   I have a seriously bad memory for remembering something I have seen two minutes before!!   Anyway I will definitely try to do my best not to come last.  Think of my at 3pm and send good vibes my way.
You won't be anywhere near last. Scores on their website if you want to see them..

I am avoiding the website scores because I will look for your wife's score!

Liz I like the way you have put "so far" into that sentence - are you trying to say something :)

Hi Sian

good luck with the Challenge, I will say hello as I will be there Saturday. Hope you get a good caddie!!!  :crazy:

When you book just ask for Graham B to take you round. I will give you tips on each stand before you shoot. Remember its all about enjoying the challenge!!!

Hope you have fun with the Challenge, I am there for a lesson late morning and Vika is there with the Chelsea Bun meet up at 10:00. Weather permitting we will all have a good day!

Oh FFS!

Went for a last go at the challenge just now. Daft pair away on first stand. Then held it to be 6 away after first 70 targets.

The last stand before the sequence I have straighted 5 times in a row, but dropped 5 on it just now. Aaaargh! Suitably rattled, I then dropped another 4 on the sequence. So that's 9 away where I had previously dropped 1. Quite frustrating. Sigh.. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

Latest posts

Back