EJ Churchill ESP Reg shoot 7.4.16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went first thing started well lost wheels and if anyone finds some toys I think they are mine as well, please leave all at reception as I hope I will be there to pick them up next month 

Some challenging presentations and some I need my bum kicking on, was pleasant enough when out though it did look like it might get wet, saw WillH and Sian who was in good spirits and watched Paul Rickets (Hardfocus) looking like he was going to again trouser the c class winnings, good luck to all that managed to get there 

Good shoot again today!

Nice to see a couple of long targets that were not edge on! Battue in Grouse was a cracking target and the long belly on midi in Pigeon.

Plenty of card fillers and some more technical stuff aswell.

Finished up on 90x100 which was alright, not disaster stands just a few lost here and there.

Started well but lost the plot on stand with that battue (which I hit on the last pair only and was just not giving it enough) missing first 5 targets then hitting 4 of the next 5.  That and a 2 on stand 6. Other than that 1's and 2's here and there to finish on a 74. Managed to miss any heavy rain as well.

BH was leading on 92 when I left.

Chap in a group of 3 I was following had a nightmare with fiochi cartridges. 1-2 misfires every stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very enjoyable at EJC, glad I worked out what I needed to do on the Battue at the grouse butt!  Lovely company of Jane (Calamity) and Lorrayne (Springer) gave them a laugh on the Skeet layout as I twice had my gun in completely the wrong place for the second bird (not the one nearest the carpark) but still managed a straight despite my idiocy.  Was in for a good score last two stands and lost 11 of the 18 targets the yellow/black sim pair and the one next door!!!!!!!  Stupid yellow thing.  Anyway finished on 74/100.

Very enjoyable at EJC, glad I worked out what I needed to do on the Battue at the grouse butt!  Lovely company of Jane (Calamity) and Lorrayne (Springer) gave them a laugh on the Skeet layout as I twice had my gun in completely the wrong place for the second bird (not the one nearest the carpark) but still managed a straight despite my idiocy.  Was in for a good score last two stands and lost 11 of the 18 targets the yellow/black sim pair and the one next door!!!!!!!  Stupid yellow thing.  Anyway finished on 74/100.
Snap!

This went well for me today with an 85, bit disappointed that I found a couple of targets (long battue on 5, longish quartering on 6, then low yellow L-R on 10) once or twice then lost them but overall I'm very happy.

This went well for me today with an 85, bit disappointed that I found a couple of targets (long battue on 5, longish quartering on 6, then low yellow L-R on 10) once or twice then lost them but overall I'm very happy.
Well done to my young adopted nephew for hitting a great 85 ( could have been more ) on what was a tricky layout. Keep the momentum. 

Will (Mr Hewland)

Have a word with churchills about a pool shoot on the registered shoots...

A few of us keep talking about it, it its sure to be bloody busy!

Latest posts

Back