EJ Churchill - 7th March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Joined up with CleverSC3 and another friend for a quick dolly round EJC's Sporting today. Light rain, all the way round - nothing too serious.

A really interesting course I though - started out with a couple of dolly stands, a pair of teals and then a high crosser followed by an OR loopy, crosser.  Then things stepped up a little and the middle of the course was a bit more tricky - a couple of quick crossers in the grouse butt really caught me out, a stand you wanted to move around to shoot the targets, but no time to do it.

A good sim pair of a high crosser and a crow on stand 5 was fun... tempting you to underlead the crosser in order to get back for the crow.  The road home had a couple of tricky stands - a quartering l/r followed by a quick crosser and high going away followed by a fairly lengthy rabbit stick in my mind.   Finished up with a driven r/l followed by a high looper and then stand 10 with a crosser off the tower and an incoming tealy-turny thing....

My first reg ESP in two months - was pleased to straighten 4 stands and a couple of 8's and 9's - two threes blotted my card and I shall rue the grouse butt stand again - but came home with a fairly decent 76.

CleverSC3 shot steadily - but behind a few which cost him a big score. As we left, some of the big boys arriving - Steve Lovatt etc - so am expecting some tasty scores round there...

Well shot Matt, you are visibly a more sorted shooter now. I was properly concerned that I would end up behind you half way round and my 81 wasn't far ahead.

I have had a run of mediocre shoots now. Hopefully I have come full circle; now realising that my fear of being in front has been overcompensated for just lately. I must have missed 14 targets behind today, something I haven't done for years. I hope the balance will now be restored for next shoot.

As for the shoot I thought it was great. 4 or 5 easier stands but the rest needed a proper going at.

I predict a HG of 93/94.

well shot Matt and Will

was tempted to go round today but saving pennies for next wekend

Thought this was a really steady shoot today.

A few stands needed to be thought about,i dropped most of my targets by not concentrating,all in all not to bad and finished with 78.

Chris C came in and i think he said he carded 94,thought 96 would win.

TipTop once again shooting well, with us both dropping birds due to lack of concentration. Good score he put in for C class, with his ever reliable Lord Sandy Olympics! 'A' class should be won with a good mid to high 80's, lookin at it.

steady shoot, with everything killable.

I thought the only stand which should have been reviewed, was stand 10.

The right to left first bird barely coming into view as it went behind the sticks/trees in front of you. The bird was travelling very low in your vision on many occasions, but same for everyone I suppose.

:hunter:

TipTop once again shooting well, with us both dropping birds due to lack of concentration. Good score he put in for C class, with his ever reliable Lord Sandy Olympics! 'A' class should be won with a good mid to high 80's, lookin at it.

steady shoot, with everything killable.

I thought the only stand which should have been reviewed, was stand 10.

The right to left first bird barely coming into view as it went behind the sticks/trees in front of you. The bird was travelling very low in your vision on many occasions, but same for everyone I suppose.

:hunter:
I thought stand ten was pretty steady - the only stand that really required some footwork... just a quick pivot round to the right to hit the teal as it stalled above the cage.   I straightened that one... the killer stand for me was the grouse butt, and then stand 9 - the small g/w with the pop-up looper.... after the bigger g/a on the skeet layout (with the high r/l crosser) I think I tried to give the little one on stand 9 the same lead - not required. Kept cutting it back, but cost me dearly - a better score on stand 9 would have given me an 80 for the first time.

Well shot Matt!

Good to see some good scores goint in today in the poopy weather.... would have liked to get to this one today but couldn't get the time today.

Looking forward to hitting it hard over the weekend and next week though!

just back i shot 92 dave kempley with me shot a 94 we both messed up the grouse both missing 5 each on there all other stands fill in able but all told a good steady round and a good day out :preved: :preved:

I thought stand ten was pretty steady - the only stand that really required some footwork... just a quick pivot round to the right to hit the teal as it stalled above the cage.   I straightened that one... the killer stand for me was the grouse butt, and then stand 9 - the small g/w with the pop-up looper.... after the bigger g/a on the skeet layout (with the high r/l crosser) I think I tried to give the little one on stand 9 the same lead - not required. Kept cutting it back, but cost me dearly - a better score on stand 9 would have given me an 80 for the first time.
Phew...me tenner's safe for another week!

Phew...me tenner's safe for another week!
I know, right? If I'd hit that g/a 5 times, like I hit an earlier (arguably harder) g/a - I'd be knocking on Lord Pewseys door...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought this was a really steady shoot today.
A few stands needed to be thought about,i dropped most of my targets by not concentrating,all in all not to bad and finished with 78.

Chris C came in and i think he said he carded 94,thought 96 would win.
Praise the lord sandy !!!!! :D well shot.

you probably would have with a dt11 :girlcrazy: :girlcrazy:

are you around on sunday rich
Yes, I fancy Westfield but the mincers I shoot with are probably staying local or not shooting at all. Tarts <_<

So I might be a Billy-No-Mates, but I expect I'll be there, unless the weather is as sh*te as it's threatening to be.

I'm about £5000 short of a DT11 at the moment, which is deeply depressing, but I feel a business expense coming on....

(Tax paid, no tax inspectors or animals were harmed making this post. Your investments can go up as well as down)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shot Matt, you are visibly a more sorted shooter now. I was properly concerned that I would end up behind you half way round and my 81 wasn't far ahead.

I have had a run of mediocre shoots now. Hopefully I have come full circle; now realising that my fear of being in front has been overcompensated for just lately. I must have missed 14 targets behind today, something I haven't done for years. I hope the balance will now be restored for next shoot.

As for the shoot I thought it was great. 4 or 5 easier stands but the rest needed a proper going at.

I predict a HG of 93/94.
You must of chipped the arse end off of some of them Will,your score on the CPSA website is higher than 81 :pilot:

Wish they had found a few extra in my card!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

Back