Easter weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning to go to Common Leys on Sunday.  Love it there...especially the bar afterwards! 🍸

Yes you will rich, hopefully I’ll be there by 11.30 ish, and I think longridge will be very busy....

are you going to try Rob Evans shoot on the following Wednesday at Cefn Tylla ??
Weds, if I can swing work diary I will probably be at Oxfordshire, will try and get to Cefn on a saturday though 

Mine started early.  Yesterday at Sporting Targets with a mate and Ed Solomons.  Off to Dartford in a minute for some practice.  Probably Willow Farm tomorrow and Sunday.  Southdown on Monday.  I've never shot Sportrap before, but I'm chucking myself in the deep end with the Sussex County Championship for my first ever go.
Watch the simmo pairs on the next stand your going to shoot next, so you know which one to shoot first when you get onto it.

Any one heading to Owls Lodge this morning from London, the M3 has just been shut due to accident! 

Now opened but slow 

Friday, Honsberie, Today a local charity 50 birder and even that was a stretch with North Wales Traffic, Sunday is the local club shoot, 70 supersporting, I'm booked in somewhere for Monday and can't remember where! :)   :)  

First two days of the Easter break done.  Fitasc at Southdown yesterday in glorious weather. Just a bit of delay towards the end of our day  but a good squad and the weather helped.  Owls today again glorious, pool shoot and shoot were good.  My last stand was the sumo orange and black going away and I managed to miss 5!  Result though as I ended up with two Easter eggs, one donated from Ross who did hit two flash clays and one from Richard for my birthday.  Also caught up with vario and used my voucher won at Honesberie last year for ear plugs.

First two days of the Easter break done.  Fitasc at Southdown yesterday in glorious weather. Just a bit of delay towards the end of our day  but a good squad and the weather helped.  Owls today again glorious, pool shoot and shoot were good.  My last stand was the sumo orange and black going away and I managed to miss 5!  Result though as I ended up with two Easter eggs, one donated from Ross who did hit two flash clays and one from Richard for my birthday.  Also caught up with vario and used my voucher won at Honesberie last year for ear plugs.
Yes nice day at Owls (after M3 hell going..). That bright sun does make long clays look smaller and trickier. Not my finest hour with an 84 but enjoyable. Got two Easter eggs 😀

How did you get on today? 
Hi Phil started they day well and was really shooting my first barrel really well. First round I shot a 24 with only one second barrel and really good breaks... then the wind arrived and although I shot quite well one or two were missed due to the gusting wind and I made mistakes which cost targets but still managed two 21's ... then a total collapse on the last round with a 13 !!! I just do not know what went wrong. I do think that it may just have been tiredness I had been on my feet since seven thirty and was shooting my last round at 5 pm I think I had a brain failure :) .  So my day was ruined really but as they say today is another day although it is also going to be a long day I don't shoot my final targets until 6pm ! I know it is the same for all the competitors but I really think nearly 8 hours to shoot 100 targets is a bit too long... well it is for me :)   To be honest my average score is not brilliant at anytime but the last score really floored me because a simple 20 would have put me on my average. Ah well on to today...

edit

... know how they say things can only get better... not in my case 😄

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil started they day well and was really shooting my first barrel really well. First round I shot a 24 with only one second barrel and really good breaks... then the wind arrived and although I shot quite well one or two were missed due to the gusting wind and I made mistakes which cost targets but still managed two 21's ... then a total collapse on the last round with a 13 !!! I just do not know what went wrong. I do think that it may just have been tiredness I had been on my feet since seven thirty and was shooting my last round at 5 pm I think I had a brain failure :) .  So my day was ruined really but as they say today is another day although it is also going to be a long day I don't shoot my final targets until 6pm ! I know it is the same for all the competitors but I really think nearly 8 hours to shoot 100 targets is a bit too long... well it is for me :)   To be honest my average score is not brilliant at anytime but the last score really floored me because a simple 20 would have put me on my average. Ah well on to today...

edit

... know how they say things can only get better... not in my case 😄
That's unfortunately how it goes sometimes, the harder you try the worse it gets. 

That's unfortunately how it goes sometimes, the harder you try the worse it gets. 
So true Phil and to make matters worse you discover your error too late to make the difference, I was as we say down here "partir avec la cible" simply not waiting to see the target properly before moving the gun. Once I corrected my fault I was obliterating the targets but I had missed so many before hand, in fact hard to believe every target I broke bar eight from only 154 that I managed to break were first barrel. I was not however the only shooter who did not shoot well some well known names on the local circuit has mares too. The thing about Ychoux, as you know, is the ground being lower in front of the fosse really plays havoc with the yes couple that with strongly gusting wind and very poor light on the second day I could understand the problems folks were having... having said that my problem was largely my own fault and the weather a secondary trouble. Bottom line though? Despite shooting some utter turd I still enjoyed my weekend ... for godsakes tell me that's all that matters 😄 ... cannot wait for the worlds in August see you there maybe.

edit

In four of the eight rounds I made exactly the same error... how the hell does that work?... is it just as you say trying too hard and forgetting what you had already told yourself not to do before you started the round ?😄

Back