ear protectors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my sport-tacs play havoc with my hair /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif the headband is rather rough and seems to have worn some of my follicles away /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Fuzrat

I use "earmuff/cans" for total ear protection, so do my kids, A lot of potentially harmful noise can go through the back of the ear where plugs or moulded plugs cant help protect you. Test for yourself with first, putting your fingers in your ears, then cover your whole ear with your hands, the difference is quite a lot.

WHAT??????/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Nicola said:

WHAT??????/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
 Quite suprised it took til page 2 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Its ok Nic, you can take your fingers out now./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

TEN PAST FOUR, I already told you on the other thread/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Outlaw said:

I use "earmuff/cans" for total ear protection, so do my kids, A lot of potentially harmful noise can go through the back of the ear where plugs or moulded plugs cant help protect you. Test for yourself with first, putting your fingers in your ears, then cover your whole ear with your hands, the difference is quite a lot.
Spot on, it's the cochlear nerve within the inner ear that can be damaged without full ear coverage, in fact some audioligy tests are actually performed by stimulating the cochlear nerve via the bone at the rear of the ear.I much prefer the cans, particularly when I was shooting full bore rifles. Jon.

Must be hard to hit the sim pair on peg 4 with the rifles?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif CSC3

Fuzrat said:

Yeah my sport-tacs play havoc with my hair /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif the headband is rather rough and seems to have worn some of my follicles away /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Fuzrat
I guess you need XXXXL for those big dishes as well??? Do you receive Radio 1 in them??? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Radio 1, bloody yoof station. I pick up radio 2 like the old git I am ;)

For some rifles you need a bit of ducktape to keep the earmuffs on ;)   dunno if i can link youtube here but here we go :p

feature=fvst
 Take a look at the 3th shot haha :D

Last edited by a moderator:
., If you look closely nearly all of them have a really bad stance with their weight on the back foot so not surprised they get put on their backside.  If they were standing correctly (like the last guy) then yes, there will be recoil but not enough to knock them over in the same way a 12 bore shotgun would if the stance is incorrect with a smallish shooter. Cheers, Jon.

Moulded for me as I can wear them all day with comfort.But more to point as Ed has already said, they ruin your mount by knocking the stock and clanking./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I used to use those orange “Sonic” type plugs with the valve system as I don’t like wearing ear muffs due to the stock clanking on them.  I found that sonic’s were ok for a while but would soon start to irritate.I can definitely recommend the Emtec Noisebreakers as reviewed on this site as I’ve had a pair for something like 8 + years now. You put them in and forget they are there, no irritation and if I chat in between shooting I just twist one a little so I can hear better, then push it back in when ready to shoot again.When I purchased, I called them and they advised me of my nearest place to get moulds taken (local Co-Op at the time). I think it was a couple of weeks later (or maybe less) that I received my perfect fit plugs through the post.The other day I lost one of the little dust caps, phoned them up to enquire about purchasing another and they sent me a pair (of the dust caps) free of charge. I wouldn’t hesitate to get another pair if I ever need them and guess they would still have my ear moulds so ordering would be simple. Mark

Have to agree about Emtec plugs. I've worn them for the past 10-12 years and they are comfortable enough to wear all week. I think they need replacing after 4/5 years as the silicone tends to go hard through age. Give them a call and they appear in the post three days later. Good kit and nice people to deal with.

Back