Ear Protection .....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Supercharged

Just wondered what everyone was using , I am currently using electronic Peltor ones but find them bulky. Been looing at the in ear electronic type( the ones Mr Digweed promotes )

Cheers Rich

I like the total block in ear moulded plugs.......hate cans...cannot shoot in them.

But for me and my funny ear canal....they are incredibly painful to be fitted.

Just lost one in Porto and so now forced to use one foam push in.......it is screwing up my balance due to different sounds in the ears.

Just cannot face having new ones done...........

Need to find some courage over the winter....

Which manufacturer gem ? I just had some proflex moulded at cla waiting for delivery anyday

Plugz at the CLA £45

One week delivery

Best thing I've done in ages.

Was worried as I get bunged ears but its made a hell of difference in the heat.

Maybe in the winter I will go back to cans to keep me warm.

Using cans or cheapo foam plugs at the moment but am going to get some DIY moulded ones and try those i think

Preference is for electronic cans as in ear plugs make my ear canal ache. Also, prone to ear infections so for me it is not wise to use plugs.

Using Peltor Optime 111, previously used Peltor slimline for about 12 years. The new ones are quite big, but they are very comfortable and do a good job. I can't use ear plugs as I have suffered ear probs and my doctor does not reckon that such things are any good for my ears! 

I like the total block in ear moulded plugs.......hate cans...cannot shoot in them.

But for me and my funny ear canal....they are incredibly painful to be fitted.

Just lost one in Porto and so now forced to use one foam push in.......it is screwing up my balance due to different sounds in the ears.

Just cannot face having new ones done...........

Need to find some courage over the winter....

Nicola.  Depending on which manufacturer made them, some keep the molds so you can have replacements sent out...might be worth a try?

Using M-tech moulded, if you need ear protection for work, have a word with your employer, the cost benefits out way disposables every time, works for a cheapskate like me, your employer might save a few quid, might be worth a try

Emtec Shrewsbury, leaders in technology, often copied never better.

Got a pair of CENS passive plugs made up about 2-3 months ago and so far I've found them fantastic. All told cost me just over £100. Went for the passive ones as I only shoot clays so don't need the amplification of the electronic units and nor can I justify the nearly £700 cost. The gun reports are blocked but you can still hold a conversation pretty normally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry yes, EMTECH, just had a new pair as mine are 13 years old now, and they tell me the ears are the only part of your body that carrying on growing thorough out your life, not so sure myself on that one ( belly springs to mind) they are brilliant, and even better , based 3 miles from house

Emtec Shrewsbury, leaders in technology, often copied never better.
I've used these for the past 15 years and they are very good.  I have my hearing tested every 2 years and there is no deterioration. Nice people to deal with too.

Sorry yes, EMTECH, just had a new pair as mine are 13 years old now, and they tell me the ears are the only part of your body that carrying on growing thorough out your life, not so sure myself on that one ( belly springs to mind) they are brilliant, and even better , based 3 miles from house
read a study that suggested the ear canal does not change in size as you get older, so you might be ok....

Latest posts

Back