dustbin lids................

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iffy hold points/set up, soft focus in the wrong place, eyes not ready when you call, tense as your shooting a gun you dont like and will expecting to shoot poorly.... all possible/likely causes of the birds looking harder than they are. Just as when you get your set up right and have nothing but the target to worry about the look like the size of dinner plates.
Yep, generally a total mess! I hope to have my old 1991 Miroku back on the road soon, at least I have confidence in it. I should never have sold it, big mistake but we all make 'em! But the gun alone will not save me, after my period with a DT10 for five years before my break from shooting, I'm going to have to get used to the Miroku again, as well getting used to shooting O/T again. My brain is going to have to do a lot of work to get me back on track. It really is all in the mind and I know it!

Push on with it Les, as you start hitting them again you will start to enjoy more and more.

Push on with it Les, as you start hitting them again you will start to enjoy more and more.
Oh I shall not give up on it Nicola! Yesterday I probably hit as many birds as I did when I first shot O/T after moving from ABT. I got over it then and I will get over it this time............eventually! .!

A woman winking makes me laff so much, it's like their face has went into a spasm.

A bit like Edgar in Men In Black,,,,,,,need sugar and water !!!!!

I have been banging my brains out on OT today at Owls Lodge as usual on a Tues or Thurs depending on work. (Note I hate OT but i cannot let it beat me :yell: )

So today's plan was 'balls to the wall' single barrel only.......what ever happens happens!

I started with a pathetic 15, then after readdressing the mental bit and after I had stopped bashing Mrs P on the hut ;) I did a 21.......then (hold onto your hats) a 23 !!! at this point I had to go for a pee and a coffee to calm down.........an hour later I did the last round and normal service was resumed with a 16.

All I can put it down to was the menthol fags between round one and two (electronic ones not in use due to my refills running out) :D

I only had 3 times where I forgot i only had 1 cartridge in and went for a forward walk :p

Still, have to be thankful for small mercies and hope to do it again :D

Nice work though! 21 and 23 in the middle is brilliant! Lovely day for pulling the trigger as well.

Bugger, I don't know what we shoot at Sealand then, because the buggers go left and right and up and down. :smile:

Can't be that hard - they're only going-away birds - and they're orange!
Blimey wylye you are really treading on some very thin ice there my friend!!! .!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my next article in the Shooting Times I am looking at peripheral vision and fixation points within the eye`s, this starts to help understand how we can see the clay as a dustbin lid. The article is game shooting biased, but does look at what creates a narrowing of the peripheral vision, that in turn can impact on what you see, or not see. The article will be out on the 26th September.

i always have an orange clay on my desk. Occasionally look at it or hold it. Do you think it makes any difference in my subconscious state?

I'd be interested in this too, would rush out and get a Nicole Scherzinger doll for my desk if the occasional caress would increase my chances of scoring with her.

I'd be interested in this too, would rush out and get a Nicole Scherzinger doll for my desk if the occasional caress would increase my chances of scoring with her.
Well, it won't reduce your chances. Any lower.

Hamid, just having lunch and a drink with Nicole. She sends her regards.

In my next article in the Shooting Times I am looking at peripheral vision and fixation points within the eye`s, this starts to help understand how we can see the clay as a dustbin lid. The article is game shooting biased, but does look at what creates a narrowing of the peripheral vision, that in turn can impact on what you see, or not see. The article will be out on the 26th September.
Do you have a copy of this Phil?

Ed

I didnt catch teh article in shooting times but would be really interested to read it if were possible ?

thanks

I do have a copy of this, I will get it up on my site, it is game biased but helps to understand how anxiety can lessen the peripheral vision through the blood flow - be very interested to tie up with an article with Ed on this too, a very practical example

Latest posts

Back