dt 11 question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

i have bought a dt 11 ,  friend of mine says they pattern very well  and recommends using open chokes for esp   1/4  3/8    really ?     👀 

Well it does depend if its proper reg sporting or club level.

For proper reg targets I usually use 1/4 and 1/2. I have two of each so will change according to targets.  Standard chokes . Fblus. 

Very very rarely I might put a 3/4 for an absolute monster target. Prob about twice a year. 

Club targets skeet and 1/4. 

Never really saw the point of 3/8 or 5/8  etc.  

Great guns. Just keep your paws away from the blue racing stripe on the action. 

Jasper. 

It probably won't matter anyway,  as you will have changed it by next week. 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it does depend if its proper reg sporting or club level.

For proper reg targets I usually use 1/4 and 1/2. I have two of each so will change according to targets.  Standard chokes . Fblus. 

Very very rarely I might put a 3/4 for an absolute monster target. Prob about twice a year. 

Club targets skeet and 1/4. 

Never really saw the point of 3/8 or 5/8  etc.  

Great guns. Just keep your paws away from the blue racing stripe on the action. 

Jasper. 

It probably won't matter anyway,  as you will have changed it by next week. 😂
ah mines a black anniversary one  😁 

I run a pair of 3/8 or 1/4 flush chokes in mine depending on how the mood takes me and the cartridge i'm using, never felt too open and pattern really well at range. Its all in the mind but I find 1/2 plenty tight enough for my ability.

But I like knowing that the 1/2 will break almost anything. 

As you say. All in the mind. 

Jasper. 

Latest posts

Back