Driven Gameshooting Have we lost our way?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matt

same here. I enjoy the syndicate shoot even though you may not even fire a shot. We average 20-30 per fortnight so similar to you. Plus the dog work is less stressful as no real harm can be done if dog goes off her head, unlike the big shoot were very bad things could happen and a not very happy keeper. We had a few moments today BUT not my bitch thank the lord ?

Many of them treat game with the same respect that they give the clays that they began their careers on ,ie `how do I hit this one`.

Birds are just animated targets for them and only numbers matter,how many,how high,how many times can I be photographed,etc,etc

If you want to test yourself stick to clays,not living creatures.
Bolix,most true game shooters have a very healthy respect for their quarry,wont shoot anything too low or close,wont shoot at any bird out of range. The city brigade are a different thing altogether.

I don`t think most in this thread would say that they`re referring to `true` game shooters ! You may have a different threshold.

Its purely down to the 'f*** you I'll do what I like' brigade, nothing to do with city.

i shot at a well known estate today, with a group of city boys, all very experienced and courteous individuals shooting well in fantastically presented birds none above 45 yards I would guess, everything below 30 was left. 187 for 452 shots

No clay guns and stupid cartridges to be seen.

In my opinion,  If shooting wishes to have a future it needs to be closer to this than out of range wannabe 'heros' with their trap guns and fox cartridges.  

Extreme days are purely fuelling antis and the participants will bemoan the fact when their actions ruin or cancel shooting for everyone else 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back