Double Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve4

Would like to try Double Trap any suggestions on shooting grounds that have DT set up?

Any ground with an Olympic Trap layout could set it up for you, whether they will is another matter.  You'd have to call them first.

Double Trap is dead in the water as an Olympic discipline.  Most shooters have made the switch to Olympic Trap now, consequently there's little call for a shooting ground to put on DT especially if it'd prevent that layout being used for OT. 

Im pretty sure its just a button press at Bisley.

Ive seen them swap between OT and ABT in a couple of minutes, and I'd have thought OT to DT is even simpler. Wheather they would or not is a different question.

Im pretty sure its just a button press at Bisley.

Ive seen them swap between OT and ABT in a couple of minutes, and I'd have thought OT to DT is even simpler. Wheather they would or not is a different question.
The target speed would be very different and angles of traps 1 and 3 would be significantly different. To the point it would be unshootable. 

It's dead so I wouldn't bother with it. 

Though this is a dated topic, I'm a new member and wondered the same thing. I have shot singles years ago here in the US, and at the time all that happened to throw doubles was the trap boy let two fly a.s.a.p. after the call. This would be perfect practice for over dogs, jump shooting, or decoy doves if shot from non-handicap yardages, and is quite "shootable", if challenging at hard angle. Is the trap setup significantly different over there? It's just a thrower in a block house at 16-25 yards at my local clubs. O.T. is not really widely practiced, we're not as proper as we should be in the States you know.

Back