Double Trap Have a go weekend.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrench

Nuthampstead shooting ground will be holding a Double Trap have a go weekend on the 22nd&23rd of September.

People will be able to shoot both the old system 50 targets per round with 0-1 second delay and the possible new system of 30 targets per round random with no delay.

This will be the perfect opportunity for new and experienced Double Trap shooters to get together and try out the various systems in preparation for the new season ahead.

There is never a better time to start shooting DT as with the various rule changes coming in we will all be starting again from square one!

Men Ladies and juniors all welcome!

For any further information please dont hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Matthew French

Bugger, would have come to that, but in London for our First Anniversary.... would be risking divorce by coming! Let me know If you hold any others.

Any idea of costs please Matthew?
Hi TobiThe costs will be £9 for a round of the current DT of 50 targets and £7 for the possible new DT of 30 targets.

Coaching will also be on hand from various experienced DT shooters and Martin Barker who runs Nuthampstead and has years of OT & DT coaching.

Hi Matt, are you doing one of these at Southern Counties or at Fauldsey's?? PS have plugged the Nuthampstead day for you in the next Clayshooter mag...:)

Hi Matt, are you doing one of these at Southern Counties or at Fauldsey's?? PS have plugged the Nuthampstead day for you in the next Clayshooter mag... :)
Hello Don, hope all is well!Yes we plan on doing more training days to get more people involved.

Not sure about the locations yet but there seems to be interest for more days!

Thanks for the plug! thats a great help!!

Cheers

Matt

With it being a 'taster day', would 28g cartridges be frowned upon?

With it being a 'taster day', would 28g cartridges be frowned upon?
Valid point! The only time I've shot it was this year and I assumed it was 28 grm - how wrong I was! Fortunately for me a friendly soul who I'd never met bought me 125 24 grm shells at NCSC as I didn't have my licence with me either!

OT has started accepting 28g for lower classes, so I'm sure DT would make you welcome with the same, just go and try it, you will be encouraged!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paulos & Tobi

No problem with the cartridges, like you say its only a have a go day so feel free to shoot 28s if thats what you have.

Nuthampstead has a large stock on 24gram RCs if you want to buy any.

All i would say is that if you enjoy the day and would like to shoot more Double Trap you will find it easier to shoot with 24gram shells as the reduced recoil makes the movement between targets better to handle.

Matt

How do Jake!

Put that cider down and get back on the range!!!

You heared any more DT gossip on rules?

David Wathen has sent a letter to the ISSF to try and force an earlier decision but dont think he has had a reply yet!

I won the FITASC Sporting Manx Championship on Sunday, so I was having a few well earned drinkies :)

Lager Matt, I'm sweet enough! No nothing new to add, but it's good to hear you and Dave are pushing.

Hi Paulos & Tobi

No problem with the cartridges, like you say its only a have a go day so feel free to shoot 28s if thats what you have.

Nuthampstead has a large stock on 24gram RCs if you want to buy any.

All i would say is that if you enjoy the day and would like to shoot more Double Trap you will find it easier to shoot with 24gram shells as the reduced recoil makes the movement between targets better to handle.

Matt
Very sensible Matt. Get people there to shoot it and if they like it and want to compete they can then decide to get 24 grm. Remeber campers in just normal practice you can shoot what ever you have 24 or 28. Just enjoy trying a new discipline.

Latest posts

Back