Double Barrelled Podimore 3rd January

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleBarrelledDon

Just a few notices re tomorrows shoot....

DONT FORGET TO BRING WELLIES!!! As you may have noticed we have had a tiny bit of rain in recent days so there is some standing water on the course.

The weather forecast is improving but its still not going to be great, however we are hoping we have put on a nice mix of targets.

The flash clay prizes (50 Practice clays and a "Both Barrells" Breakfast ) will be out again and to say thank you to those who are willing to brave the "drizzle" to support us we will also be having an entry number draw for a birds only entry to the next registered comp.

ps .........DONT FORGET TO BRING WELLIES!!!! :smile:

WP_20160102_16_57_59_Pro.jpg

To avoid trench foot, all stands are shot from the clubhouse, standing behind that table, pointing out of the window.

yup it was damp...3-4 inches of water in some parts of the bottom field.stopped raining not long after 11 sun came out just after 1 glad i didn't have to shoot it then.

great targets yet again...some a bit variable due to clays being full of water i think,first bird on stand 1first it was overhead and the next i was shooting it through the hedge :wink:

well done to the trappers for sticking it out and Don and the rest of the team for making it happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big thank you to all who braved what were frankly hideous conditions today to come to Podimore. With a 90 degree wind change, torrential rain and flooding that made the US Nationals look mildly moist. Congratulations to Chris Childerhouse, Nigel Hart and Andy Moon for taking joint High Gun on 96 and proving that they can quite literally walk on water.... We added High Gun, AA 1st and 2nd together and then added in a little extra before dividing so that all three went home £90 richer. Julian "Jammy Git" Fairburn managed to win a flash clay prize (50 practice clays and "Both Barrels" breakfast for the second month in a row.... go figure!

The Pool Shoot (AA & A) went to Richard King on 10 + 7 with (B & C) going to J Pittard who also managed 10 + 7.

Class payouts were £75, £45, £25 and we put topped it up as usual so our overall payout today was just under £1000...

AA 3rd - S Trout

A 1st - Josh Brown (91) in the worst of the weather... Heroic stuff!
A 2nd - O Beard
A 3rd - J Waters

B 1st - M Legge (86)
B Joint 2nd - E Kelly & Emma Stacey (85)

C 1st - D Packham (82)
C 2nd - L Thomas
C 3rd - D Yates

Our "back number" draw winner was Wes Carnell who wins a "Birds Only" entry to the next competition.

As usual many thanks to a great team who helped it happen, Trappers Krystian and Matt, Val and Jennie in the Kitchen and Jennie C for flying the desk so efficiently!

ps so glad so many of you enjoyed the quartering away bunny :p

Nice to meet you today Schmokinn...and glad you enjoyed it! See you again soon I hope, preferably when I have got a gun in my hand not a pen...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to meet you today Schmokinn...and glad you enjoyed it! See you again soon I hope, preferably when I have got a gun in my hand not a pen...
hope that wasn't because i upset you

apparently the pen is mightier than the sword ;)

good to meet you to

Latest posts

Back