Dont change your glasses !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just started shooting and I wear glasses for everyday use.  My current pair are varifocals but find the need to tilt my head to obtain focus on the clay very off putting which results in an inconsistent gun mount.  Has anyone changed to a prescription set of non varifocal lenses for shooting only ?

I use varifocals which are very expensive and have a very wide and smoothly graduated focus area to help me focus on shooting. I found an optician that was used to shooters and knew what was needed for them.

I tried Specsavers but they were like looking down a telescope with next to no peripheral focus at all, and that was there most expensive lens.

I also found, at first, that I too tilted my head too much, a proper gun fit sorted out that issue, if you have not had a professional gun fit I would highly recommend you do so.

Hope this helps, but at the end of the day we all have individual differences so what has worked for me may not be the same for you.

I have just started shooting and I wear glasses for everyday use.  My current pair are varifocals but find the need to tilt my head to obtain focus on the clay very off putting which results in an inconsistent gun mount.  Has anyone changed to a prescription set of non varifocal lenses for shooting only ?
I wear varifocals daily & switch to single vision glasses for shooting. I have a few pairs of Zeiss shooting glasses in various colours. No problem for me 👍

I use varifocals which are very expensive and have a very wide and smoothly graduated focus area to help me focus on shooting. I found an optician that was used to shooters and knew what was needed for them.

I tried Specsavers but they were like looking down a telescope with next to no peripheral focus at all, and that was there most expensive lens.

I also found, at first, that I too tilted my head too much, a proper gun fit sorted out that issue, if you have not had a professional gun fit I would highly recommend you do so.

Hope this helps, but at the end of the day we all have individual differences so what has worked for me may not be the same for you.
Varifocals for shooting are hopeless. Wear single vision distance..

Back