difference between

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorismyhero

Hi its me again...being a royal pain in the parsons nose

whats tghe difference between "field" "game" and "sporting" when applied to guns?

Field and game are the same I think??

Sporting guns tend to be dedicated for clays and are heavier. Also tend to have a non-auto safety switch. game guns may feature a different more delicate grip for the tigger hand too. You can certainly use one gun for both; it's details..

Well IMHO
Field game tend to be fixed choke lighter.

For carrying round game shoots. Shooting a high birds that need a tight pattern.

Sporting tend to be weightier multi choke.

For clay shooting, heavier to absorb some recoil of 100 quick shots. Multi choke for close and differing targets.

Cheap...expensive ....affordable

Field gun cheap, basic unloved.

Expensive usually lightweight 6-7 lbs as you spend more time carrying than shooting.

Around 8 lbs better finish. More about.

Well IMHO Field game tend to be fixed choke lighter. For carrying round game shoots. Shooting a high birds that need a tight pattern. Sporting tend to be weightier multi choke. For clay shooting, heavier to absorb some recoil of 100 quick shots. Multi choke for close and differing targets.
+1  Spot on.

Well IMHO Field game tend to be fixed choke lighter. For carrying round game shoots. Shooting a high birds that need a tight pattern. Sporting tend to be weightier multi choke. For clay shooting, heavier to absorb some recoil of 100 quick shots. Multi choke for close and differing targets.
Weight doesn't matter when you have your Man to carry it for you.  :eek:k:

teepee, 

Stop taking the piss, I do it because I can, and Growl and Maxum never complain. Chin chin .

P.S. Just quaffed a pint of Old Peculier, Wife thought it was my designer drink.

Oooh! Theakstons Old Peculiar a favorite of mine ever since discovering it in the Yorkshire Dales - very jealous!!

Latest posts

Back