Difference between mx2000s & mx12 pro sport

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I bought a 2000s, I was led to believe that it was just the engraving,  but that was by a Dealer who had an MX12 and NOT a 2000s !

I've never understood the diff. Both have fixed coil triggers, so not sure what else is different, maybe just cosmetic? Someone will know.

I though yhe same mx2000 =MX8  with mx2000 written on the side and a bit of extra engraving.

Mx2000s = MX12 with the same engraving ss above but with MX2000s written on the sides. 

As far as I know because the trigger mechanism is removeable the MX8 removeable design doesn't have the option of having a barrel selector in the traditionsl location of being  incorporated into the Saftey catch. The Mx12 trigger lock is fixed  and allows it to be positioned in the usual place. Which for some is a better option than having the benefits of a leaf sping pulls and a removeable trigger plate. 

I think Paul120 has it right. They are effectively the same gun mechanically.

My comparison shopping on guntrader suggests that most of the Mx2000s's come up a bit heavier as in 8.8 to 8.10.

If you wanted a lighter gun there are also MX12 game models out there and they are closer to 8lb.

As the title suggest I'm interested to know the difference between these two guns, if any at all?
I have a pair of mx2000s,s. I've asked the same question the answers I get is yes no and maybe. Be nice to get confirmation by someone who knows.

Latest posts

Back