Damage to cars at shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is quite simple.

A Public Liability is a policy of provable negligence. As an underwriter of many game and clay shoots this is something I would expect to pick up and pay as a legitimate claim.

Risk assessments should have been carried out beforehand and, unless there was something like freak wind conditions on the day, they were clearly inadequate or not completed.

Disclaimers mean "diddly squat" (not an insurance term). We tend to insist on them but know they will not stand up in court if seriously challenged.

If that was my car I would be sending a letter with repair estimates to the shooting ground and asking them to forward it to their insurers.
Exactly

It is quite simple.

A Public Liability is a policy of provable negligence. As an underwriter of many game and clay shoots this is something I would expect to pick up and pay as a legitimate claim.

Risk assessments should have been carried out beforehand and, unless there was something like freak wind conditions on the day, they were clearly inadequate or not completed.

Disclaimers mean "diddly squat" (not an insurance term). We tend to insist on them but know they will not stand up in court if seriously challenged.

If that was my car I would be sending a letter with repair estimates to the shooting ground and asking them to forward it to their insurers.
precisely!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Don't you also love being in a car park when you and the cars around you get a good covering of shot every 10 seconds. Cant say i have noticed damage to my car by shot but it must have some effect at some point. This happens at a few shoots I have attended this year.

I had £1700 worth of damage caused to my car via a clay hitting the bonnet and wing.  Because of where the damage is on the bonnet they need to completely repaint the bonnet, both wings, front bumper wing mirrors and blend the 2 front doors.  Fuz and Michelle witnessed the damage when we got back.

Sent a well worded letter to the ground manager who was out of the Country at the time pointing out the damage was caused in a non PPE area and there were several clays scattered around.  The ground admitted liability but the money hasn't been quite so quick to materialise.

Not happy about having to have the entire front end of my car repainted plus the 4 days they want it with no courtesy car :(

Jon.

Bonnets go on HEADS, boots go on your FEET, Birds have WINGS!! Cheers from across the pond! :santaclaus:

And this, is a FENDER

jimmy_hendrix_strat1.jpg

If you want to learn about speaking the correct language in your country, go ask this guy, he will tell you "How"..

sitting-bull.png

Last edited by a moderator:
:fie:  I remember my first time in America, I said to the late Barry Davis,   "I need a fag"   Barry said to me "  DON'T say that over here Cyril" :crazy:  

As i said before i work for a high end BRITISH car manufacturer for my day job and we are very Americanised in our terminology when it comes to car panels. 

But it is very.....

Fenders

Hood

Aprons

Trunk

Decklid 

But when 40% of your sales are going to the USA i guess it makes sense.

Bottom line is they don't talk proper like what we do.

Potadow

Tomado

You get my point.

Don't you also love being in a car park when you and the cars around you get a good covering of shot every 10 seconds. Cant say i have noticed damage to my car by shot but it must have some effect at some point. This happens at a few shoots I have attended this year.

Yep - it will take a look at this car i did last year.

Is a Lexus 4 x 4 - This photo was taken after the first stage of polish before any final detail polishing and waxing etc. The day to day wear and tear on car paintwork is massive from contamination etc. Even road salt, car washes will cause this kind of wear. This car was washed prior to polish so the dull effect on the left of the picture is simply wear on the paintwork!!

http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-1124-0-09620200-1420045719.jpg 

Attachments

• split panel.jpg
    split panel.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
I know I know and it's one of the above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aston Martin is my guess.

JLR/Lotus are not really "High End" 

Morgan are hand made, but not really high end and anyway I can't imagine them using Americanisms in Malvern. 

Bentley are not British (In fact I'm not too sure if AM are anymore) 

Are they still making reliant Robin ?

Latest posts

Back