Credit where it is due.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeetfreak

On Friday and Saturday morning this last weekend i wanted to pick up some specific cartridges so off i drove to TWO local gunshops to get the following responses.

i). "Sorry - we have none in stock and have only just got an order in so will be another couple of weeks before we order again"

ii). "Sorry - we don't stock that manufacturer any longer but we can order similar from another one if you wish but will be a week or two"

So then i phoned another cartridge supplier who is about 30mins drive in another direction from me to get a similar

iii). "Sorry - we no longer stock that brand"

Came home annoyed but more disappointed and resorted to the internet. Found Just Cartridges on-line and what looked like a simple process so i simply followed the instructions on their website. Scanned and sent them my shotgun cert, filled out the on-line order form  and hit the submit button. Yesterday the phone rang and it was one of the guys there confirming my order (which coincidently i added too on the phone). He then took payment and gave me a delivery day - Today!

As i sit here now at 10:09am my order has arrived all present and correct - simple smooth and easy. Even got thousand rate on my order despite not ordering 1000 of the same shells, I ordered three different shells and varying sizes and types. Got what i wanted to my door within 72hrs of ordering on a Saturday afternoon.

Now it isn't all plain sailing as the delivery charge sticks a bit (£15:00 per thousand up to 5000) but when you consider the miles i would have had to drive to collect them (65miles each way) and the cost of fuel and time it suddenly doesn't seem so bad to me. Imagine if i had driven to all three gunshops to end up with disappointment over the weekend i would have probably burnt £15 worth of fuel and wasted a load of time. They are a few pounds more expensive for my standard 12 gauge load so they are not likely to get my business for that but when i want the odd shells then it just seems so simple to use these guys.

Got to say i was pleasantly surprised and will certainly consider using them again. Especially given i can now go shooting tomorrow with the cartridges i wanted rather than wait a couple of weeks. Now i fully understand the need to support the local gunshops but if they cannot offer what you need there is a viable option out there and in my few years away from shooting this is a nice addition to the industry.

Bit of a public thankyou i guess for good service.

That is good service and to be expected. You should really have phoned the shops beforehand since it was specific shells you were after methinks.

If you stick to one shop and build up a relationship with them, they will give greater customer service to you over some one that happens up now and again.

Tom Young at North Ayrshire Shooting Ground to my knowledge, has never ran out of any of the shells in the Clever Mirage range he  imports and sells. Where else can you buy any amount, and have them delivered from the main UK Importer. And at a very competitive price.

Just Cartrridges have a good range on offer. The problem is by the time you've added the cost of carraige, they're very expensive. More than £30 per 1000 than I would normally pay through a gusnhop.

It's a shame because unless you buy in bulk it's a good idea that doesn't quite work.

Sounds like hassle free shopping,delivered to your door what more can one want.Not every gunshop stocks a cartridge brand that you prefer to use.

if I was pushed for time and not able due to work commitments would use this method.

Gamebore 20gauge 24gram 9's

Gamebore 28gauge 21gram 9's

Gamebore .410 14gram 9's

To be honest i did think afterwards i should have phone the two shops i visited (but one is only 10mins round the corner) although the other is a 20-25min drive but kind of assumed that they would have them as they both carry a huge range of cartridges from various manufacturers.

Sadly not one shell matched the weight and shot size i wanted - even in a different Brand  :frown:  .

You are right though for my standard 12gauge shell (Pro Skeet 9.5's) i am about £7 per thousand (+ delivery) cheaper to go to my normal local gun shop so unless i am buying in bulk then not likely to get my business on these but for the stuff i wanted in this case couldn't be easier. 

I have used Just Cartridges for a number of years. They are extremely efficient and very friendly to deal with. Once they have a copy of your SG License they keep it on file so you don't have to keep sending them a copy for every order. Also in the past I was in a position to hold quite a large number of shells so I could take advantage of the free delivery. Even if two or three of your mates want to join up to make a bulk order, this makes economic sense.

However, my circumstances have changed with regard to shell storage so I can no longer order the larger quantities and I agree, when you start adding the £15 per thousand delivery cost, it does not always compare favourably to going to a local gun shop - if you have one.

I do though still shoot all the smaller gauges on occasions and it is good to know there is a "one stop shop" available offering an excellent service.

I would recommend them.

Back