CPSA cut offs / classifications for issue 47 (applies from June 1st)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well into A for me on my 2nd classification period :s

B in double rise

B in sport trap But only shot it once.

Not true, you can be setup as a Welsh member and see everything.

I am :good:
Could you please advise on how to do this? CPSA ask for a 'web code' to be found in my registration letter which I obviously don't have as I'm not registered directly with them. Without this code it seems I can't set up an account. would appreciate any help you can provide. Cheers.

Could you please advise on how to do this? CPSA ask for a 'web code' to be found in my registration letter which I obviously don't have as I'm not registered directly with them. Without this code it seems I can't set up an account. would appreciate any help you can provide. Cheers.
Speak to Mark Smith at CPSA membership Services and he'll issue you with a webcode. I didn't get one with my renewal and he sorted this out promptly.  :biggrin:

I just emailed them for a code mate and they sent me one via email. Was done within a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, could someone ecplain to me how the CPSA work out the averages ? I've got a little s/s that has my average score but the CPSA average is well below what I thought it would be.

Also first time poster, so please be nice as I'm a trappist !

Thanks

Toby

Welcome Toby,

I can't help because I don't have the patience to work it out myself - Clever will come along no doubt and be able to explain.

Take a total for all of your scores and the total possible. Divide your total by the total possible this will give you the RAW average as a percentage. for example lets say it's 80%. Now you take off 10% which would give you a percentage of 72. Any scores that fall below 72% are then discarded and you then total up your scores again omitting any scores below 72%. Don't forget to also remove the total possible for these scores from the grand total possible too. This will give you 2 new totals to use in the same was as before. So divide your adjusted total scores and divide by the new adjusted total and this will give you your adjusted average which is used by the CPSA and you can also use to ee what class you will then be in using the most recent classification scores.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Mike, I've only put in 3 scores upto the end of April. They were 91 94 92 which gives me 92.3 pct then 10 pct off is 83.07 but the CPSA show 88.8

Toby

Thanks Mike, I've only put in 3 scores upto the end of April. They were 91 94 92 which gives me 92.3 pct then 10 pct off is 83.07 but the CPSA show 88.8

Toby
Toby

Welcome to the madhouse!!

You are shooting DTL so the average is not based on number of targets hit but on the points scored. Your three scores from April are 258, 265 and 277. Total is 800 points divided by a possible 900 = 88.8%. Puts you straight into B class.

The 10% dropped score rule does not apply to DTL either as it is reduced to 5%. Therefore based on your current 88.8% average if you stick a score in below 84.4% (points remember) it will not be counted. Obviously your average will constantly change so the cut off for dropping scores will change also. 

DTL is the only points based scoring system so all other disciplines are based on targets hit. Easy mistake to make...I did it as well first time around  :biggrin:

DT

Edited because I am a idiot !

edited: just realised was looking at issue 47 and not issue 46.

My excitement was short lived. Still in B Class for me. D'oh...

Haha the wheels came off a few times in the last accounting period. Helped to keep me in B I think.

Desperate to go up though, must book a run of lessons with Mr Nutbeam.

The strange thing about classes is that most people if there honest would rather scrape into A class by .1 % rather than be .1 % less and be top of B class. What's that all about ?

I have made my thoughts on classes known many times before so i won't bore you with it. The above is merely an observation.

The strange thing about classes is that most people if there honest would rather scrape into A class by .1 % rather than be .1 % less and be top of B class. What's that all about ?

I have made my thoughts on classes known many times before so i won't bore you with it. The above is merely an observation.
Not me bucko! Stay in the lower class and clean up for 6 months :)

Dt

Trouble is every class is hard to win as someone always comes good on the day and puts an A class score in.

Seems to me that if you have to shoot a score above your class to win then what's the point of classes. For instance highest abt C class is 83 point something i think but is rarely if ever won with an 83 so what's the point ?

Latest posts

Back