CPSA Annual Awards - now live!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miranda

Just read in the Pull! mag that nominations for this years awards are now live on the CPSA Website. This is not currently showing on the CPSA homepage, but you can vote at www.cpsa.co.uk/awardsnomination2015

This is a great chance for all of you to nominate who you think is worthy of these awards! There are 9 categories, so take a look! The winners are not determined by the amount of votes, but by a panel of selected people. However, you do get a chance to say why you believe someone is worthy of the award. 

I have made my votes - I hope you will take the time to make yours too :) 

(P.S. - some of the spelling/grammar on the awards page is a bit iffy!  But then again, I have always been a bit anal about grammar!) :)

Sleepy, Dopey, Dizzy, Rudolph, Blizzen......etc etc...

DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR - Shootclay Cup. Shows you can get sponsors in the sport if you work hard.
SPECIAL CONTRIBUTON AWARD - Shootclay forum. Gets people out shooting and gives lots of back up support.

How is that for starters?

Tinkerbell! A girl after my own heart! x

Mr Rutherford - Don't forget you have to be a 'menber' to nominate.

Joking aside.............. I hope the right people win x

Sounds like the way FIFA award the world cup.... Seems a bit pointless voting if the votes don't count.

Last edited by a moderator:
The votes are ...if i understand this correctly....nominations of people for the different categories. The most people nominated then get to be shortlisted to be chosen by Rudolph, Flasher, Blizzen and Stinger plus probably Dozey, Sleepy, Slippy, Bouncy, Lucky, and Empty......who then get a short list together or they get to choose the 3 put forward at the big bash for each category.... :laugh:

Thankfully, I never have to worry about this coming to my door.... :laugh: or be kept up at night by the thought of probably sitting in a sweaty room full of large round tables with various gawfaaaawing going on by XYand Z....eating hotel food.....and having to smile a lot whilst inside screaming.....

Nope.....I am not that well behaved.....Phew..!!

Last edited:
I can't take an awards scheme seriously if there is no transparency of judging or rubrics for categories. Might as well nominate His Edness in the special contribution category for rehabilitating new shooters traumatised by CPSA qualified instructors and coaches.

+1

I mean.....one of the most popular coaches and international super star was overlooked last year ...

WTF was that all about..??

+1

I mean.....one of the most popular coaches and international super star was overlooked last year ...

WTF was that all about..??
Who was that then?

I noticed last year they forgot to say coaches had to be CPSA qualified. That'll be behind some of the decision.

I would like some definition of what they mean by things like development initiarive award. Development of what exactly?

Ooooops Fail.......if it is only for Cpsa qualified coaches......then that will exclude 'all' the best coaches in the UK then.....true story..!!

Quite. I have worked with two excellent coaches from this country and overseas and neither were CPSA qualified (principally because the refused to teach strictly to the CPSA shooting method).

What's more it seems only grounds in England are eligible for the 'shooting ground of the year' award despite grounds elsewhere hosting English registered events. Seems daft to me.

I understand that a party arranged for our Commonwealth Games team to celebrate their success (in the hotel where the AGM was held, plus paying for the overnight accommodation ) has been cancelled.....because none of the team ......could go... (deep intake of breath....we are in the off season now aren't we?)

But.....and forgive me for having an opinion......

If it was me planning these things.........I would have invited our Comm Gam team to come to the Cpsa Awards night....and not a night with the highly interesting members of our board !! ZzzzzzzZzzzzzz

To invite them instead to the awards bash....well......It would increase the profile of the bash.....and the CEO could bang on all night about Olympics, Designing medals or Chance medals :laugh: you know :wink: which it seems is much more preferable than grass roots talk.

Also i Suggest that....

1. The sponsors there would love cuddling up to our CG team....and feel they have had a better bang for their bucks.

2. The other winners of the other categories (ordanary membership) might like or would love being able to connect with CG team members and ask many different questions about the Games.....or after Games parties etc etc.

3. The CG team could give aspirational speeches about representing your country....thrill of being chosen....experiences on opening ceremony.....pressure of competition etc etc

4. The Cpsa coach of the year could give them his/her card .......in case they might need help for Rio.... :wink:

5. They might even manage to get BBC Sport or national TV to cover it....because it now had a good draw (the CG team) and at the very least it should be videoed for all members of the Cpsa (who actually pay for this event to be held) to be able to watch it. It should be put on the Cpsa website in a prominent position (front door of the sport....and all that ...) .....but of course this would involve a modicum of organisation.....so I doubt this will happen.

6. Build into that a 'very famous person' or 'minor royal' as the person presenting the awards......and you got yourself a show..!!

7. Don't let any idiots in on the mics......especially old greying has beens trying to or thinking they can compare a televised event.

Easy peasy.....if you had a certain skill set.

I would give it a go, But am NO longer a Member sorry I would like a chance Medal. (forgot I have one) :)  

Back