coaching west dorset / east devon

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir missalot

looking to get some lessons around west dorset, east devon or somerset area. i have been to purbeck shooting school but right from the off all they were interested in was sending my gun away to have a monte carlo stock fitted really feel like i wasted an hour of my time there. 

Try Abbey Ling at the heywood estate. It's just out side wellington, somerset.

Correct me if i am wrong Robert but its a 5 trap and not OT on their farm
I'm not entirely sure of the difference, but it might be both? 

There is definitely a trench set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've no idea what it is.  I assumed it was Olympic and assumed its what Ed trained on.  When we  were there 2 of us said we had never had a go at Olympic Trap and Abbey set it up and let us have  a go.  I assume Abbey would have said if it wasn't Olympic Trap.

I've no idea what it is.  I assumed it was Olympic and assumed its what Ed trained on.  When we  were there 2 of us said we had never had a go at Olympic Trap and Abbey set it up and let us have  a go.  I assume Abbey would have said if it wasn't Olympic Trap.
Indeed, given who's farm it's on it would seem a little daft if it wasn't OT. 

The pic is the ground layout. And next time I'm there I will ask.

Screenshot_20170108-192033.png

I think you will find its a UT setup and not OT ...............but all the same it would be nice to have in your back garden

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you will find its a UT setup and not OT ...............but all the same it would be nice to have in your back garden
Fair enough. It's a nice place to shoot anyway and abbey is a good coach.

agreed, I wouldn't mind it in my back garden! 

I think I'm right in saying that UT has 5 traps in the trench and OT has 15 traps in the trench and that's without the computer wizardry to make sure each shooter gets the same targets as everyone else though randomised of course.

looking to get some lessons around west dorset, east devon or somerset area. i have been to purbeck shooting school but right from the off all they were interested in was sending my gun away to have a monte carlo stock fitted really feel like i wasted an hour of my time there. 
I had a lesson there today and they said I need a custom stock with loads of cast, kind of put me off a bit.  They had me shooting with their gun instead of mine, apparently mine "didn't fit" and it would need a custom stock with a large amount of cast......I'm even more confused now!!!

Back