Coaching Costs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dpark516

Just a quick question

What is the average cost of a decent sporting coach?

Been doing some looking around for a coach and have been amazed by the difference in pricing of coaches. Fully understand that you get what you pay for and that I'll save myself a fortune in cost of cartridges in the long run by getting some proper coaching.

Cheers

I'd reckon on up to £100 an hour, but make sure you choose wisely! There are people out there who charge a fortune and really aren't worth it. Find someone you click with and negotiate for a series of sessions.

(I can feel a debate coming on...! :D )

tis all about value not cost, £100 an hour for Richard Faulds or £60 for a recently badged nobody? all depends where you want to go and how serious you are about getting there ;)

Find a coach who can make you feel at ease and can also talk a language you understand.

Regardless of the cost if you don't understand his or her tuition you might as well burn the folding.

I have found a guy I can understand, I get on well with and one who increases my understanding of the process of shooting and the mechanics of shooting.

my comment was not meant to cause offence. Fuzrat hit the nail on the head and so did Jem. Would you insult people of this caliber and imply they are not worth the money by asking for a discount? I would feel grateful that they were willing to share their knowledge with me.

Just a quick question

What is the average cost of a decent sporting coach?

Been doing some looking around for a coach and have been amazed by the difference in pricing of coaches. Fully understand that you get what you pay for and that I'll save myself a fortune in cost of cartridges in the long run by getting some proper coaching.

Cheers
All good advice.

Obviously, we don't know what level you are at.

Taylor your coaching to your level. Most instructors, will tell you to set a realistic target, within an equally realistic time frame.

For example, if you are currently in C class, then give yourself a time period, in which to improve your average to get to B class.

While you may learn from some of the Sporting Gods who offer tuition, for a deserved price, getting AA tuition once a year, will not make you an AA shooter in most cases.

So when choosing a coach, be sensible with the money. I know a guy who charges 35 an hour and he has had great results with one of my buddies.

So yes, get tuition...but in the words of Baz Luhrmann;

"Be careful who's advice you buy, but be patient with those who give it freely."

Don't know who this Baz is, but it is a really crap quote.

For the most part, coaches SELL their knowledge.

It's not insulting to want to spend many hours with one coach.

And as I said, you need to find one you click with - absolutely agree with Fuz and Jem.

And bearing in mind the question was "how much", then my reply was quite sensible.

I may of read it wrong but I took it that Skeet didn't mention coaches in the part "those" meaning anyone.

If some one wants progres you need to spend at least 6 months with a coach/intructer not possible for most.but i have seen what a coach is possible of doing, it dont happen in hours look at Ben he spent two days with Frank and he used that to shoot 100x100 but Frank is a top class shot just needed tweking like Ben said.i'm afraid 1/2hours instuction dont do it ?I'll get me coat

Ben spent 1/2 day lesson and round two shoots with me, my average was 61, that was almost a month ago, I shot 82 today and 81 last week!!!

I know I will have to work hard to 1. keep my scores it that bracket 2. Improve.

Latest posts

Back