Clive Hames to attend Tuesday's Board Meeting.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the Board cannot see is that they are doing anything wrong????
By Jove, the boys got it in one.
But you forgot to add they don't appear to care either !!!!

There were a multitude of reasons I walked away, I haven't regretted it one bit, I'm sad that I went I there with good intentions and disappointed that I basically failed.
Again there are many reasons why I failed, but I'm sure with every days passing you are getting a clearer picture what some of those reasons are.

Colin,

Thank you for your comments, perhaps someone from the EM could explain why your elected representative is not allowed to take his seat?

I spoke with both Terry Bobbett and David Jellicoe last Friday and they do not know what they have, or are doing wrong?

I didn't speak with Tony Heeks because I doubt he would understand, Kevin Newton because he wasn't there , and I doubt I have long enough time left alive to expect Graham Walker to do anything.

ehb102 ,

Is that plain enough language for you to understand? Yes I would like members who are sufficiently interested to stand for election to their County , Region, and National Board Committees to clear out the problems  that is currently stopping our sport from growing.

As long as I have breath in my body I will try to make this association better. I am sure that I am far from perfect, but equally I am sure that I would not allow the association to get into the mess it is at the moment, it is actually very close to total anarchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin,
 Thank you for your comments, perhaps someone from the EM could explain why your elected representative is not allowed to take his seat?
I spoke with both Terry Bobbett and David Jellicoe last Friday and they do not know what they have, or are doing wrong?
I didn't speak with Tony Heeks because I doubt he would understand, Keith Newton because he wasn't there , and I doubt I have long enough time left alive to expect Graham Walker to do anything.

ehb102 ,
 Is that plain enough language for you to understand? Yes I would like members who are sufficiently interested to stand for election to their County , Region, and National Board Committees to clear out the problems  that is currently stopping our sport from growing.
 As long as I have breath in my body I will try to make this association better. I am sure that I am far from perfect, but equally I am sure that I would not allow the association to get into the mess it is at the moment, it is actually very close to total anarchy.
I'm pretty sure the East Midlands CPSA will be making a statement on this in the next few days.

Yes, and you are the only person who has spoken plainly on the matter.

Much of what we read on here is often secondhand, rumour or might not be true or factually correct and accurate.  Unless you hear, read or see something firsthand you have to be careful in how you comment on it or about an individual as what you say/write might be regarded as slanderous/libellous.

If the behaviour and language that we have heard about is accurate and the treatment and language meted out to others is as described then the people concerned are not behaving professionally, morally, ethically or with civility etc.  Accordingly, IMHO I don't consider them to be fit to run the organisation and one gets the impression that meetings must descend into slanging matches or there is one dictator or more who the rest are frightened of and just do their bidding.

I have no idea who is any good or might be competent if the dictatorial element were got rid of, if possible, with someone more reasonable and professional.  

You have to lead by a good and professional example and people will follow.  If you set yourself against what everyone wants then they will naturally react against you.  

Unfortunately they are banking on the silent majority, who don't participate, voting for them and their Articles through the proxy voting system and poking 2 fingers up at we who are concerned for our Association.

We are still waiting for East Midlands to comment on Colin's non-acceptance.  How can the Board not follow the current articles which is our current constitution until the EGM?  They have to follow the current rules and precedents and cannot presume the acceptance of the new articles!  It is not right for EM to not have representation for the best part of  5 months!

There is nothing in the current articles which says a region gets to pick a new director if the director from their region resigns/dies/is removed.

It may, morally, be right that the board follow the suggestion of the region but there is nothing which suggests they have to.

Coopting is by its very nature an internal process - it's the board that coopt a new director. It is very unfortunate that they haven't gone with the regions suggestion, but it is the board's choice and isn't, on the face of it, a breach of articles.

Whether or not there is a question of acting in bad faith is a different matter but I sincerely hope the EM don't make another legal challenge as my guess is their prospects would be very poor.

Are you F**KING kidding me? If this is how meetings are conducted with the CEO and Chairman present it says everything, I think we should start a petition, ask every one who agrees to donate £10, as soon as we get enough to pay for an EGM we then get teh current Board dissolved by tabling a Motion of No Confidence vote and get these 'people' removed.

I will happily donate £20 :)
Let me know where to send the money, it's a bloody good idea.

There is nothing in the current articles which says a region gets to pick a new director if the director from their region resigns/dies/is removed.

It may, morally, be right that the board follow the suggestion of the region but there is nothing which suggests they have to.

Coopting is by its very nature an internal process - it's the board that coopt a new director. It is very unfortunate that they haven't gone with the regions suggestion, but it is the board's choice and isn't, on the face of it, a breach of articles.

Whether or not there is a question of acting in bad faith is a different matter but I sincerely hope the EM don't make another legal challenge as my guess is their prospects would be very poor.
Sara - I would say that as the Articles are silent on the matter the Board would be hard pressed to deny that precedents have been set in the past which determine what should happen!

I've put some thought into the position. Binding custom and practice is pretty difficult to prove. Further, I don't believe (maybe i'm wrong?) that there's a written policy that they've deviated from. On that basis and taking account of the fact the discretion to coopt sits with the board, I think it would be pretty hard to legally challenge.

Sara,

It seems as though it would be difficult to challenge many things that the Board do.

But they do many strange things that require questions being asked, but unfortunately they do not seem very good at replying to those questions when they are asked.

That very action in itself breeds distrust and contempt for a Board that essentially in essence should have been elected by the membership and should have the welfare of the association first and foremost.

If we have the membership divided into Regions (as we do) would it not be fair and reasonable to expect a correctly elected regional representative to  be able to attend meetings and represent the interests of the very people who had faith in him to elect him to office?

To read The CEO's welcome (page 5 August PULL) and his version of how the articles of association have been publicised and distributed to the whole membership, is not actually correct.  Perhaps the article would have been more correctly titled,' Everyone Welcome except Clive Hames.' 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying I disagree with you about the region being able to nominate and the principle that the Board should follow the regions recommendation, I'm simply saying I think it would be very difficult to challenge where they don't. Past practice may be relevant but it cooption is ultimately a Board power which means its very difficult to.

Under the new articles (if adopted) where there is more than 1 years term remaining, they should put it out to election - BUT there is some interesting language in the draft which give give the board the option not to do so... Not clear in what circumstances the Board would choose against an election...

Sara is right.

The convention is for the region to choose in an emergency.....(or not as in the SE case).

This is the first time a candidate has not been co-opted in this way.

But.....I do not except anything else from this Board....they make it up as they go along.....and 'spin' plays a big part.

I can now make you aware that the East Midlands CPSA committee have responded to the refusal by the Board of Directors to co-opt Clive Hames as the East Midlands Director.
You can find the response on the East Mids website, or the regional Facebook page.
Perhaps somebody would be kind enough to create a link, at present I have a few PC problems and it reuses to pay ball.

I would have thought those who were keen would have already put their head above the parapet?

Latest posts

Back