Cleaning products

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechin

Might open up a can of worms here but in everyone's personal opinion what's the best gun cleaning product, gun oil and gun grease on the market.

I tend to use liquidised fox cub faeces.

Not really, Napier products for me and beretta gun oil.

Mike
After spending an hour searching the field behind my house and then using a blender for the first time, could you please not leave so many blank lines on your posts.

must say I love the comic relief on Shootclay,,,,,,,not fo everyone I suppose,,, but I have a hell of a sense of funny,,,,,,,,,,,

fox poo,,,,,, hehe,,

browning legia is ok,  like a lot of others I suspect. Hopps is good for lead fouling,, no 9 I think,,, and 4x fine wire wool,,,,,,,also good for a stock finish,, or French polishing,, etc.

I tried Clenzoil when there was an offer on the forum and was very impressed with.

However I never got round to buying a bigger bottle and tend to stick with Browning Legia oil and Beretta Oil for the thicker stuff.

Cheers for the feed back guys. Think I'll be ordering some beretta gun oil, Napier spray solvent cleaner and my local gun shop recommended bisley gun grease has anyone had any experience with this.

Your local gunshop would recommend Bisley gun grease .

At about 400% dearer than the same stuff available from a local motor factors it makes profitable sense.

Parker Hale 009  or Hoppes 009 for removal of Lead contamination in the barrels .

Light machine oil for rust prevention and metal cleansing and a thin motor grease for lubrication of metal to metal moving parts.

If you can still find any STP or Wynns lubrication additive makes a super, hinge pin or barrel trunnion lubricant.

But one bottle of Clensoil does all of the above, so really it is economical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clenzoil great stuff, but don't put in on wood, despite what it says on can. If it rains you will find your gun will become as slippery as a wet fish! I know this from personal experience!

browning legia oils great

smells nice to, but do,nt use it as aftershave :prankster:
Youngs 303 is by far the best smell.... end of :)

Oh and it cleans yer barrels ok too.

I still have a tin of parker hale gun oil, about 1/4 full bought the day I got my first trap gun in April 1986. If it was still full it could be classed as a "sleeper" :)

I have a bottle of Butch's Bore Shine, inhale enough of it's fumes and it is a real sleeper.

Try looking on the bay for Lucas products from USA. Their red tacky grease is superb for hinge pins at around £6 for a grease gun sized tube, (lasts around 10/12 years) Red gun oil is about same price, which I use on my auto and for chokes. (used once per week will last around 6 years). Excellent stuff and long lasting.

Latest posts

Back