Clayshooting Gun Popularity

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

All of us who clayshoot go through a phase of changing guns and then finally settle (sometimes?)on a favourite brand.

Have you ever stopped and thought why you are faithful to a particular make, what gun you would buy if you could afford it, or how disappointed you were with a particular gun when you had bought it, how long did you keep it and were you glad to see the back of it?

Lots of questions, but just trying to understand why we swop and change so much.

I have been fairly faithful to Miroku since day one, but have tried I think every other brand except Zoli. Incidentally they have gone a little bit quiet???

Can't get on with Krieghoffs and think they are vastly overpriced.

Beretta 682 I like, DT10 was a disaster, Perazzi, love the engineering, and balance, but had trouble with stock and barrel ribs.

Probably will go through the rest of my life faithful to Miroku, because I haven't found anything any better. If we are talking value for money Miroku has no competition.

What is your favourite gun, have you got one and has it fulfilled your desires?

Just got over switching between a Beretta Gold E and Miroku Mk38 . Have now settled down with the Miroku and seen better results for it . The Mk 38 just suits me and my style of shooting so will be sticking with it for the foreseeable future .

Totally faithful to Miroku and Perazzi.

Some that i have of each are 'never' for sale due to either sentimental reasons or because of memorable wins / times with them.

If you cut me through the middle like Blackpool rock you would see Miroku and Perazzi through my bones. Love both........but if i have to chose a fav between the two now after years and years I would say that the Perazzis come out now more than the Mirkies. (It's the fast triggers :.: ).

Never ever ever been disappointed with either of these two Gun makers.

What I would never ever have in my stable is anything Beretta.........cannot give a good reason why.....just never liked them or the feel of them. :oops:

I appreciate the quality of Kriegs but for me they are tooo expensive and heavy (sorry Ed matey :kiss: ).

Started with a Betinsolli (boomerang!), changed to a Beretta white onyx - inexperience showed, couldn't shoot it for &%$£!

Found the Gamba, fell in luuuurve, not even considering changing it! Tried the P's and K's, kept coming back to the G. Staying put. :cool:

Shot the new Parcour last weekend at Ian Cawthorns ground and was sooooo impressed I may have to sniff around for some cash. Not really for this thread but just had to say as most 'Standard' guns I pick up I can't shoot with.Also couldn't figure out where another 6K goes n a gun over the price of mine, now I know!!! Wonder what anyone else makes of it?

I have tried different guns but settled with my Beretta 682 gold e.

It seemed to be the gun that move and handle best for me, and finally had it fitted will stick with it as i have to have to much taken of the stock length.

Had a go with Robo's mk38 at 4c's the other week and it seemed to handle well but even with a 14 14.1/4 stock it still felt to long. so instead of flooding the market with guns fitted for midgets i will stick with what i have.

Started off with a Beretta 301 Auto 28" then after 7 yrs bought a Silver action Beretta 682 32". After 10 yrs traded it for a DT10 32" sporter with Trap wood, which I used for 7 yrs. Now it's an MK38 Trap 32". Each gun was an improvement on the previous but the last change has been the most dramatic in term's of learning how to use it. Three year's into the Mirook and having got it to handle how i want, i think it might be the ' easiest ' gun to use of the one's that i've had.

Believe it or not, in my teens I was a staunch Beretta man/boy. 302 auto and a lovely 687EL 20 bore game gun. When I came back to shooting I tried a Bettinsoli as it looked very Beretta but less dosh, outed it quite quickly for a cynergy (frying pans and fires come to mind) chopped that for a ultra xs which stayed for quite a while supplemented by another Beretta 20 bore. I never really jelled with the 20 like i did in my teens and ended up outing them both for a 325.

On to the present day and I cant see me going anywhere from Miroku now, I keep seeing offerings from P, K, CG, Blaser and getting quite excited but the bottom line is MK38 is top value and I can either shoot every week sometimes twice with the Miroku or shoot once in a blue moon and have a pretty Perazzi :)

Have been through the change this year.

Bought a 682 Gold E although a nice gun couldn't get on with it.

Sticking with my Miroku 6000 it fits so comfortably.

When I'm shooting well I feel I can't miss.

(I just wish that feeling was more common)

I won't be changing for the foreseeable.

Money no object (sensibly) I'd shoot a custom Perazzi, that's where the clever money is surely. Never fancied the DT10 (or 11 now) enough to chase one down. Krieghoffs are superb but not superior so nocandoo £10k for one of those, especially seeing as they're too heavy as well.

Love Browning and Mirook and have owned several and will in future but as a first gun they're not for me because they need cleaning, action profile is not slim, pitch is wrong for me, too many sharp edges on the metal parts.

Beretta 682/682E is where it's at - chromed barrels, bullet proof reliability, engineering wise it almost talks to you :) , can remove and clean ejectors in 2 minutes for chrissakes :cool: , slim profile and pay for itself within 1 year of purchase. :.: Currently really got the throbs for the 692 ;) .

I have a fair bit of experience of the Krieghoff Parcours. Can anyone honestly say that it is 6K better than a Miroku?

Nice to see that many of you feel that a Miroku is good value for money.

There are so many examples of Miroku users moving on to pastures new (the promised land) and then not achieving any greater heights.

Gary Phillips, Carl Bloxham, Micky Rouse, Mick Howells, John Woolley, Peter Croft, Ian Peel, ( Browning).

Many of these guns were Grade 1's costing less than a £1K, so it really does make the K gun pricing ludicrous.

All this being said why would one lust after a 'K' gun or a Perazzi , Blaser, Zoli, or DT /ASE /SO type are they really going to give you extra targets per 100 value for money or is it more a sense of pride of ownership.

" I have a Krieghoff as a statement of my wealth and commitment to my sport".

I'm a faithful Krieghoff shooter. They're excellent quality, offer great consistency with superb back up and dealer support. That said, i'm not one that gets gushy when it comes to guns. Mine is just a tool to break clays.

I shoot a Miroku MK38 trap (at ESP), I just like Miroku guns....though I did own a Beretta when I first started....686 or 687, not really sure.. I have a mate who shoots a Beretta (very well to), his is the only one I've ever shot that I really liked. I'd have to prize it out of his cold, dead arms as well. :.:

Last edited by a moderator:
I set off at 13 with a williams Jeffries 16 bore, then went to a Baikal 627 at the age of 15, moved to my dads miroku 7000 at 17 stopped shooting at 20 (Girls, houses beer etc) Started again 2 years ago at 31 after a divorce, got a Beretta universal, then changed back to a Browning 525 32" mid this year.

Intend to keep this one for a few years, i thought my 7000 was good in 30" but this 525 32" is amazing with the chromed, ventilated, backbored barrels, with stainless invector plus chokes. It does everything I will ever need and more!

Martin

Beretta for me had dozens some been good some Partictlarily dt10x not good best IMO original 682 gold what would i buy if money no object current dt10 eell no interest in anything not beretta i am and Will remain loyal to the brand.

I owned a Browning Cynergy and enjoyed shooting it but for me the balance wasn't right (just a little awkward at times). I changed to a Beretta 682 Gold e and love it. I am loyal to Beretta (having just bought an A400) but this is down to price as much as it is for styling. I want something that a little expensive but also does the job well.

I do like the idea of owing a Perazzi but i can't really justify the expense as no one i know owns or shoots one for me to try or gain knowledge from.

Maybe i need to look at the Perazzi models and see which one could be a future purchase???

Is a basic Perazzi any better than say a 682 Gold E or DT11 (i'm thinking yes)? Which model would best suit a newcomer to the brand who shoots more sporting than trap?

Beretta through and through now with a 682GoldE (4years) only a lottery win would tempt me to change

My first gun was my dad’s Browning 325, I decided to upgrade and was going for a Berretta 682 Gold E but in the shop I somehow ended up with a Browning Ultra XS. I was happy with it but every time I tried my mates 682 Gold E I just seem to prefer it. So I decided to change to a 682 gold E again but this time ended up with a DT 10.

I finally did end up buying a 682 gold E but I prefer my DT10 and I don’t think I will ever sell it.

I have shot a Perazzi but it didn’t make me want to buy one, I also shot about 25 sportrap with a Krieghoff, I really did like it and would consider it if I ever had £10000 just lying around but the chances of that is slim to none.

or is it more a sense of pride of ownership.
When people ask me the question "Why is that gun £2k, that gun £30k and that one £80k?"I explain that we all know that a Ford Mondeo 1.9 TDCI will get you to your destination just as quick for the most part as a BMW M5 or a Rolls-Royce. However, since you're only here once and if you've got the money then why not get there in the M5 or the Roller.

Back