Clay Grounds in Scotland

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDW1970

Hi all, do any of you know of a clay ground around the Loch Lomond area? I have spent quite some time trying to locate one on the Tinterweb but with no real joy,

Wasnt sure if you guys may know of a little gem tucked away.

Many thanks

Lee

There is continental shooting supplies which is in North Ayrshire, not bad ground.

There are a lot of small clubs just depends on when you are wishing to shoot as to what may be on check out

Www.scotshoot.com

Yoshi

Yeah, Houston is near to Glasgow airport, on the Loch Lonond side of it, 50 bird sporting, only open Saturday/Sunday and clased Jan/Feb, friendly. North Ayrshire is 20mins south of Glasgow airport, 14 stands sporting, 8 trap Compact (which normally has 3 FITASC hoops and a menu laid out) skeet, OSK, 6 covered DTL, 4 covered ABT and Olympic Trap all for 20p per clay practice.Closed on Tuesday.Other than that it's at least an hours drive (if you drive really fast!!!) from Glasgow to any other clay grounds... :suicide:

I've been to Balmoral and Holyrood and there's loads of bugs there.

There is, you can find them on Facebook and here;

http://shootatglenmoriston.com

Used to be the Loch Ness gun club. From what little I know its primarily a trap ground with occasional 40 bird sporting and is at Invermoriston, round by Fort Augustus. Not shot there myself so can't be of much help - sorry.

PS : Don't worry about the midges, they only bite Englishman apparently ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I say Loch Lomond , is that  a friend built an extension at Loch Lomond golf club.

He shot at a local shooting ground evenings and weekends near there. He said it was very good , well laid out with bus shelter type seating areas at each shooting stand.

Yes I know of Loch Lomond Trap Club, monster targets there.

whoops - that'll teach me to read posts correctly in future :) sorry wss fleeing about and thought i could help - but still useful if you want to visit us up in bandit country.

As for my geography, i know where the Somerset levels are which is more than most of Westminster did until Berkshire got flooded too ;-)

Latest posts

Back