Classification

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crocket81

Went to Southdown today to shoot the Sussex sportrap, I've never shot sportrap in all the years of shooting different disciplines and it was to my dismay that when I went to book in I was found to be in AA class, I am in A class in English sporting and C in fitasc sporting, I just can't understand how they can just pluck AA class out of the air when I've never even shot the discipline before!! Good old CPSA!!

Were you in AA at sporting at sometime in the past? 

A few years ago when things went coputerised ahd a bunch of disciplines were given separate classifications  we were given the class it was based on. I have a classification for sport trap although I've never shot it registered.. same for single barrel and double rise too. 

Prob happened in the mid to late 90s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never shot it at all Will, shot sporting and trap disciplines over the years, Yes I have been in AA in sporting but Why should that make a difference, it's a different discipline! Its like saying if your in A class in one trap discipline then you should be A in all! Anyway, I shot a crappy 78 so won't be in AA  for long .!

What Paul120 says is right. Many years ago I was AA in Sporting and was given a AA classification in Sportrap when it was "invented", and I was also A class in English Skeet and was given an A class classification in Skeet Doubles, a discipline I've never even seen, let alone shot!

These days, as a non-member of the CPSA, classifications are one less thing I have to bother about! (And it feels so good to win or not on your own merit!).

Get in contact with the CPSA, there are sometimes glitches that give a class in a discipline never shot.

if you have ever accidentally had a score put in and deleted the system will sometimes still read that 'ghost' score. 

Let the custodians of the classifications sort it for you ?

Never shot it at all Will, shot sporting and trap disciplines over the years, Yes I have been in AA in sporting but Why should that make a difference, it's a different discipline! Its like saying if your in A class in one trap discipline then you should be A in all! Anyway, I shot a crappy 78 so won't be in AA  for long .!
Don't forget that to be re-classified downwards you have to shoot a minimum of 300 targets in the year and that, no matter what your score, you can only drop down one class!  Upwards is a different matter, 100 birds and you could potentially leap from C or unclassified straight into AAA.  Well this is true for English Sporting, Sportrap and FITASC (up into A) not sure about the other weird disciplines.

Mr Potter

Back