Chokes and Aircraft

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can rely on multi-choke questions being odd that's for sure. Stupid things should never have been invented.

The 'cargo hold' on airliners is at the same pressure as the passenger cabin. The floor of the passenger deck is a 'floating' platform. The pressure skin is the outside, circular, cigar tube that is the fuselage. Cabin pressure only ever gets up to ( or down to depending on your view of physics ) about 8000'.

Although cargo holds are 'unheated' they are presurised by the same bleed air that is fed into the cabin. You could easily sit down there for the duration of a long haul flight.

Not that it makes the blindest bit of difference! Air pressure affecting chokes and barrels, what absolute bollox!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at Security and Briley chokes confiscated, they just would not believe that they were needed to blow up the Auto Pilot !!!!!

As said above, the real risk to chokes is Security! They've come and found me in departures in the past to show them the bullets! and don't even think of Snap Caps any newbies.
The guns do get very cold though, and you can get condensate on them when you open at other end for checks.

tiroVesti seamless performance clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed chokes no pesky snappy things. Job done.

I'd be more concerned about the lubricants on the gun boiling with such low pressures and heat ;)

:santa:

We have had some odd posts on here at times, but I think this takes first prize. :crazy:   Give the man a cigar as we oop North say.

Phil* :haha:

Latest posts

Back