CENS Proflex

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my cens a little over 12 months and to say I'm unimpressed is an understatement. Before I had the cens I used peltor sportac, I stopped using the peltors  because they made contact with the gun. The first thing I would say is the sound quality through the peltors at a 5th of the price is far superior, secondly I ordered one of the new neon colours when I purchased my cens the colour has now faded to a horrible off white. When not in use they are kept in the case and I make a point of keeping them clean because as I child I suffered a lot of ear infections so it's not like I leave them out in the sun to fade. And yesterday one of the digital units failed, when I turned it on the beep indicating that you have turned the cen on was crackling and unclear and within 10 minutes the unit failed, I tried 4 new batteries all from different pack so it's definitely the unit that has failed. I now wish that I had gone for passive moulded plugs and not wasted my money.

I find they suffer badly from moisture. 

I can be wearing mine for 8 hours a day and they soon get damp inside and it plays havoc with them. 

I now use silica sachets in the case and it helps a lot with the moisture. 

They dont sound as clear as Peltors but did you really expect them too considering the tiny size?

What neon colour did you get as mine are neon yellow and not noticed any fade yet?

Assume you are in contact with CENS / Puretone about both issues if only 12 months old?

Back