Caesar Guerini steel quality

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being the nerd that I am, this subject refused to depart from my noggin. So, to quench my curiosity I did some digging around, eventually leading to looking  up the NATO small arms specifications and cross referencing to BS EN steel grades with similar composition. Lo and behold, the “NATO steel” is basically the same chrome molybdenum vanadium martensitic nitriding grade 722M24 as noted above and in addition to the English gun maker that uses said grade, I now know of one other German brand that uses this similar “NATO approved steel for  small arms” in their own gun manufacturer.

Goodness... no wonder people fall asleep in my company!
What is the german brand please?

I have just sold my 'mint' condition 725 Black, you'll know the one, it was er.........and I quote "It was rusty when it came out of the box" "All the black wears off in the first week of ownership"  "The firing pins will corrode away inside a month"  " You will get constant misfires due to the angle of the firing pins".......etc.,   etc., etc.  Well, I am happy to say that I experienced NONE of the aforementioned. I have just sold the gun privately and it's new owner could not believe it had been used at least once, sometimes twice a week, for 4 years.  It was complete with all (+2 extra) the chokes, triggers, allen keys and paperwork. I may live to regret selling it, but it is a means to an end. I have to say that it was carried around the various grounds in a slip, (not worn around my neck !) came out, went bang bang bang, then it went back into the slip. It was cleaned as soon as I got home (or at the ground if it was wet), the stock was oiled once a month and the gun was never left out in the middle of my lawn overnight (to help stop all of the rusting issues). It was always (like all of my guns) stored in a silicone sock. The result being, I did NOT lose a lot of money when I sold it. The new owner has what is,  virtually a new gun.  Oh and the final point, I do NOT buy overly priced 'gun cleaning products' that I can not live without (I prefer to live without them). GT85, 3 in 1 oil and car engine oil (Castrol GTX) on the exterior metal work seem to have worked for me. So, do NOT believe all the horror stories that you will hear about any gun, most are just myths.
100%  agree . I’ve probably posted this before but a couple of years back I was browsing a rack of guns as a customer was asking about upgrading a fairly new Browning for a higher grade . The shop wouldn’t touch what looked on the face of it a nice gun . When the bloke had gone I asked the guy behind the counter ( who I knew well enough to ask ) what it was all about . They’d sold the gun new a few years back , in his opinion it hadn’t seen a clean or drop of lubricant since it left the shop and there was so much wear on the hinge it was “ off the face “, and was only fit for auction not retail . 

look after your equipment and it will look after you .  
ps , I’d buy a CG without hesitation , they haven’t created their market segment by being rubbish. 

100%  agree . I’ve probably posted this before but a couple of years back I was browsing a rack of guns as a customer was asking about upgrading a fairly new Browning for a higher grade . The shop wouldn’t touch what looked on the face of it a nice gun . When the bloke had gone I asked the guy behind the counter ( who I knew well enough to ask ) what it was all about . They’d sold the gun new a few years back , in his opinion it hadn’t seen a clean or drop of lubricant since it left the shop and there was so much wear on the hinge it was “ off the face “, and was only fit for auction not retail . 

look after your equipment and it will look after you .  
ps , I’d buy a CG without hesitation , they haven’t created their market segment by being rubbish. 

I might well be doing just that tomorrow. What looks to be a tidy 20 bore game gun. Just hope the shop does open tomorrow.

Back