Budget Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ca,nt believe we,ve got too 8 pages!!!! is this a record

i ran out of popcorn at 4, not sure wether  to get tesco brand or butterkist

is there a difference or is it all in my head  :crazy:
Tesco is the budget range, but I'm struggling to tell the difference as well!

Budget pop corn is mass produced it does the same thing but the premium version undergoes more rigorous quality control therefore price reflects that.

hope that clarifies.

It's a very minor point but, why do companies making budget cartidges print their name / logo on them? Surely it would only save peanuts not to but every little helps. Do they have to be printed by law to identify them?

You only really see the logo 3 times - box to pocket, pocket to gun, gun to bin... so where's the benefit in wasting money on printing?
I am wondering if the price of my cigars will go down when the new law comes in about plain packaging.

I think prob not.

ips,

Follow my example and give em up......................................and just become a miserable old git !

i ca,nt believe we,ve got too 8 pages!!!! is this a record

i ran out of popcorn at 4, not sure wether to get tesco brand or butterkist

is there a difference or is it all in my head :crazy:
It all starts with the corn. The premium brand, uses larger, fresher and better quality corn (less manky ones, more regular shaped).

The fat used to cook them, is again better refined, non tainting and the cooking process controlled to finer temperature ranges, thereby preventing any burning, which adds to the taste.

In fact, right up to the sugar or salt, or toffee...the whole shebang uses higher grade materials.

Of course, this doesn't stop the husks getting stuck between your teeth...

i think i,ll get 250 tesco budget brand and 250 premium butterkist

in a selection of flavours for a thorough test just in case someone mentions 

chokes as well

Aldi do fabulous Popcorn !

I think Butterkist is the brand leader. But should I really pay Butterkist prices when Aldi brand seems to perform equally well.

I prefer toffee coated to Salt .

I have a special pop corn bucket with a big hole in the bottom.

Fits on lap whilst offering pop corn ( toffee flavour) to my Lesley on film night.

He / she / grey basta** eats anything.

The hole - mmmmm you put something in it then when Mrs L rummages about in there she finds something that should not be in there.

This sounds familiar to me.. As a manufacturer of something very different to shotgun cartridges, I too make a range of products, all in a similar vein, but in a range of cheaper to dearer, much as cartridge manufacturers do.

The most expensive part of the product range does have some higher quality ingredients, with more spent on inspection and quality, both of which drive costs up of course. The other factors which make the higher end product more expensive are that they are made in lower volume than the cheaper end, so certain fixed costs are not amortised (shared across the amount of product made) as widely.

Finally, the higher volume / cheaper products tend to be sold at the lowest possible price as there is more of a price-war with lower end products. So, basically it's a bit of everything accounts for the price difference in my experience..
Has to be said Hewland quality control awsome, from f ford to f3 over 25 years, no failures, like zero. That's something I cant say regarding cartridges, even expensive ones.

Latest posts

Back