Browning Warranty

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie

Just after some advice from people in the know.

I have been advised to send my 18 month old 525 Supersport (very similar to an ultra XS prestige but without adjustable comb) back to Browning to have several bits sorted out on it.

Over the last few weeks, the forend has become slightly loose and rattles, the firing pins (specially the bottom) is extremely pitted and from new, the trigger guard is slightly loose and rattles/moves.

I always clean the gun fully after each use and use Tetra gun grease on all the moving parts to prevent wear.

I am a little worried about a couple of things, would the above be covered by the warranty (I don’t want a hefty bill at the end of it)? How long is it likely to be away? I have been told 10 days, but that doesn’t sound right. Is there anything else I need to worry about, I have seen some mention in other posts about “horror stories” regarding sending Brownings back under warranty.

I intend to take detailed photos of the gun before it goes back and send it back in it's original case. Is there anything else I should do or be aware of?

Did you bother registering the gun with Browning when you bought it?

Yes, I did, as soon as I got it home.

Just looked and I still have the email Browning sent me as confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, it's amazing how many don't bother. I have heard quite good reports on their servicing.

Back