Browning stock technical question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

Can someone please tell me what shape the stock bolt end is on a Browning 725.  It's the one with silver action and orange writing just in case they differ somehow.  Tony is going to take Jane's off for some work and wants to get the right tool out ready.  Thank you.

As far as I know they've used slotted and 5mm Allen versions.

It's quite easy to check with a flashlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know they've used slotted and 5mm Allen versions.

It's quite easy to check with a flashlight.
Thank you, Tony was just wanting to get the right tool ready ahead of time.

Large slotted screw on my 725 S1, you need a very large screw driver. My stock came loose after a few month from new, just needed tightening, I've heard of the before don't think that do them up tight enough at the factory.

All guns should have the stock tightness checked regularly, especially new ones where the wood and metal haven't perfectly seated down. This is not the same as heavily tightening, which isn't good. After time, the fit will become very good as the wood moulds itself which reduces the chance of vibrating loose. A loose stock will crack quickly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jane is having an adjustable stock fitted - its not loose in case you are worried.

If it has the factory adjustable comb, it's 5mm, if not, it's slotted for a long screwdriver.

Latest posts

Back