Browning cynergy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this has been discussed with passion each time this is asked. The quick answer is don't touch it. Horrible balance, (it's like nothing else so no point learning to shoot it) and tales of falling apart. A gunshop talked me out of buying one when I was a newbie.

Run away!  Run for the hills!

Mate of mine had one, couldn't shoot it, sold it at a huge loss.  As Will said, the balance is utterly awful. 

It's a novelty that Browning should be very ashamed of...

Certainly has its detractors, lots of people don't like them, but some love them certainly do not buy one without being 100% that its the gun for you long term

I asked the same question when I joined this forum, glad everyone was honest and told me straight that the cynergy is kak! I liked the composite stock look then once I forced myself to look at other guns I fell in love with wood. (Insert pun here).

I asked the same question when I joined this forum, glad everyone was honest and told me straight that the cynergy is kak! I liked the composite stock look then once I forced myself to look at other guns I fell in love with wood. (Insert pun here).
What did you go for really need to get rid of my medalist it's far to short

What did you go for really need to get rid of my medalist it's far to short
That's irrelevant really you need a gun that fits you, unless you are of freakish proportions or the stick has been cut most guns are within an inch in the lop. You need to go a shoot plenty and see what feels right.

It has been cut down
How far down? A 25mm Isis Xpad is what every gun should have anyway. Fit one? A gunsmith can add a filler section if it needs to be even longer. Don't get rid of a gun JUST because of its length..

Last edited by a moderator:
How far down? A 25mm Isis Xpad is what every gun should have anyway. Fit one? A gunsmith can add a filler section if it needs to be even longer. Don't get rid of a gun JUST because of its length..
Very true there are grind to spacers too if you need more.

I went for a beretta 686E 30" mc,

post-2409-0-01847100-1403467986.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
To be fair i would have bought one if i hadn't shot it first.............

I have since had a play with one at the club and I don't like the inflex recoil pad.

I would have bought one if the Browning rep hadn't warned me off. Mind you I've seen one used as a skeet gun and the owner was happy with it.

I don't know anything about the Cynergy, but I do know someone who shoots one very well. He's at our shoot, not too far from you (over near Solihull)

However, ref the Medalist I agree that you'd be better off trying to get the stock lengthend again. But it's a matter of economics and that's mostly down to how much it needs to be lengthend by.

Do you know what length of pull (LOP) it is now, and what you'd need it to be to fit you? In short (sic) my guess is, that if you need to put a piece of wood in, it's most likely going to cost more than economically viable.

If you can get it back to a "normal" LOP without it looking like a pigs ear, that will make it easier to sell on. But of course, spending a lot of money on doing that may not really worth it, if you get me?

Have you considered taking the gun back (if you bought it from a shop?) Explain that it's too short and see if you can get your money back towards another gun that fits better? (or is that why you asked the question ha ha) 

I tried a Cynergy yesterday. I have a friend who bought one because he liked the look of it. I was very disappointed to find that it looked to me like it had curved barrels. I rather fancied one as a skeet gun as they are nice and light. My other friend says she finds the same thing with that gun. And of course being synthetic you can't make all the adjustments to the stock I'd need.

On the plus side, if you did fit the gun you'd probably find one going for not much money :)

Latest posts

Back