Browning AI

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally don't consider £1500 to be a bargain but then again it's a fairly rare beast and well regarded, try £1200 and see what happens. 

Thanks for that Hamster and others for your input 

I'm paying a bit more than that to be honest  but it is in mint condition and it does come to my shoulder nicly

The exchange rate is not in my favor witch doesn't help

The owner is a long time friend of mine and he is not too good 

Thanks a lot again 

Dave

I personally don't consider £1500 to be a bargain but then again it's a fairly rare beast and well regarded, try £1200 and see what happens. 

Put a photo on here and you will know what model and price!
Still  coming round to the idear I will be paying more than you Guys would be valueing it at as the availability over here is some what restricted 

Pommy Dave 

Ps 

The rib is about 5/16

I've not been able to take forend of yet but have been told it's  1969 model 

IMG_20170212_064653.jpg

IMG_20170212_064704.jpg

IMG_20170212_070024.jpg

IMG_20170212_064802.jpg

IMG_20170212_065249.jpg

IMG_20170212_065255.jpg

Difficult to be sure but the gun looks in good (used) condition, some obvious wear on the trigger housing blueing, also is that a split on the left side of the fore end  near the action ? 

Fine looking Browning! Pin through the forend, the rib throws me? Should be 1/2" but this must be the start of the Sporters? Could still be inertia block trigger?

Reminds me of a 30" game without the roach belly stock!? but who knows?

Nice gun.

Looking at all the aspects of the gun. Raised narrow rib with posts, Y shapped top tang, Foreend shape. Rounded pistol grip stock shape. I would expect that the gun is earlier than 1969.. more like 1959 and from the make up of the gun it's a standard gun.

Late 50's to early 60's would also put it in the period I have seen others with chrome lined barrels.

If it has split ejectors it's deff a 50's gun think they changed the design in the first couple of years if the 60's. Basically if the ejector is made up of 2 parts that move independantly when you pull ejector then tha is the old type. If it looks anything like a miroku one then it's later type. 

If the serial number only contains numbers and no letters it's deff made before 1963. If it's a 12 guage a 60's post 1962 gun the number will finish with a "S" to represent 12 guage then a number 3 to 8 for 1963 to 1968 then two numbers 1969 to 1976 when it changed to the modern serial number. 

For those interested a 20 guage will have a "V" rarther than an "s"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again Guys 

For what its worth I've not shot  it yet but it feels like a game gun  only weighs 7lbs 7oz ish 

What do you think about the chokes 1/4 &3/4 

Dave

Thanks again Guys 

For what its worth I've not shot  it yet but it feels like a game gun  only weighs 7lbs 7oz ish 

What do you think about the chokes 1/4 &3/4 

Dave
On the barrel flats there should be some markings.  Stars an lines.  ☆ or ☆☆ or ☆_  etc.  What are they? 

1/4 and 3/4 are good sporting or game chokes to have IMO. 

I had a Browning A1 skeet gun in the early 80's shot very well with it, the only gun l could shoot 25 straight with any consistency. It was tested at the factory, and came with two pattern sheets. A good quality gun you would expect from Browning.

Thinking about it I'm pretty certain it's a 30" game gun? It's a game forend the rib sounded like game, the chokes are right,

Browning made some 30" Wildfowl guns with round knob stocks and that forend for the USA market but they would be grade 1s and not A1s  I would say 1969 is  not far out! These Wildfowl guns were 3"chambers!

Thinking about it I'm pretty certain it's a 30" game gun? It's a game forend the rib sounded like game, the chokes are right,

Browning made some 30" Wildfowl guns with round knob stocks and that forend for the USA market but they would be grade 1s and not A1s  I would say 1969 is  not far out! These Wildfowl guns were 3"chambers!
It is a sported /field gun.

The owner was an avid Fitasc Shooter in his day and did quite well with this gun 

Tar again

Pommy Dave

Difficult to be sure but the gun looks in good (used) condition, some obvious wear on the trigger housing blueing, also is that a split on the left side of the fore end  near the action ? 
Well spotted H there is a spit in the forend that I hadn't noticed well spotted 

Dave

Back