British open sporting scores

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AA mate of mine shot this yesterday and scored 95, reckons he dropped about fifteen or more off a handful of hard stands but said the targets were very good with a few at good range. He said his only complaint was the lack of water availability.
I agree with him on the targets, I ended up with a 90 and if could get rid of my lastbirditus I could have pushed it up to a 94. But that's not the targets fault that's my incompetence and trying to make sure rather than shooting it as I have done 7 times before.

Even the stands I did struggle on someone from my squad didn't so not the targets fault just me misreading them.

I luckily brought my own water :).

Fantastic shoot in fact best one for me all year and have shot all the major shoots including Dubai but a mere C class shooter class targets better than the usual giimee stands shot at two stands missed the lot but all our squad really loved it . You here all the bleating about difficult targets they obviously never went to Dubai now they were extreme but have you listened to the buzz from uk wanting to go to Dubai next year ?

Why ? . BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SHOOT AT SOME REAL TESTING TARGETS

Short and sweet. Brilliant set of targets, not too hard at all. Only one bird I looked at and thought "crikey, what do I do with that" (looping away midi on 4). And I only missed 1 there.

Worst stand was my second stand where I missed. 3 sitters through being half awake, rest just the odd one away but had to work hard.

Just as it should be.

Best British for years.

I shot both the disciplines available over the wekend sportrap(73) saturday, and sporting(89) sunday.

I thought both courses had excellent target presentation especially as it was the British Open. All the targets needed to be worked for, which is what it should all be about.

Not sure i agree with the comments about it should be a competition for the 'top shots' as there are a lot of regular shooters that like the challenge of such shoots,and enjoy the day out.(Then there are some that obviously don't).After all it has the word 'open' in the title which means it should be that, open to all. 

If you want to shoot a comp that you have to qualifiy for the big money get on the white gold challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
shot this today and i thought it was an excellent round, nothing silly distance i shot most of it with 1/4 choke and 8 shot. shot with a good squad {at least i think they were good but because some were from oop north i could not understand them} we probably had the best weather today as well which makes a difference.

I shot this today, and very much in debt to my good friend Nicky T who unfortunately couldn't make it and very kindly donated his place.

I hadn't originally entered as I've only ever shot 1 Steve Lovatt shoot before, also at Garlands, a couple of years ago and I remember finding it quite tough at the time, hence I gave this a miss.

Although I didn't shoot well, and am disappointed with my performance (76) I must say I thought the targets were both fair and very good. I can't think of a single presentation that wasn't represented and there wasn't anything I couldn't hit.......but lots I couldn't hit consistently - which to my mind is a good, solid test of focus, concentration and overall ability.

I can see how some of the stands would be either difficult if not impossible for less able bodied shooters so I can understand some of the frustrations highlighted.

The las time I shot at Garlands the ground did look at little tired to me and in need of a little TLC, but I thought it looked much better today and I feel the ground, combined with the targets was a fitting venue for the BO.

Shot today, it was as expected beyond me but I enjoyed it and lovely to watch both Cheryl and Ed shoot. 40/120 was about as much as I could find today but that'll do me.

Shot today, it was as expected beyond me but I enjoyed it and lovely to watch both Cheryl and Ed shoot. 40/120 was about as much as I could find today but that'll do me.
nothing to moan about??

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot this on the Friday (badly) seemed to hit the stuff I struggled on before and let the stuff I could always hit before suffer. Concentration is key and I had it in fits and starts. Enjoyed the day immensely, chuffed to straight the simo battue on the pond. I shoot at steves grounds often, he has a way of presenting things that look so hittable but then you miss and the head scratching starts. I shot a very below average 73 but I cant wait for the Gold Cup and white gold final. Don't change anything Steve (not that you would anyway)

Fantastic shoot Steve and Ally, well done!

Excellent targets and great company, would love to shoot there again but such a long way from home.

See you at Westfield on Sunday.

Jane

Here's my  video from the British open.

Did the best I could, very busy so getting a good angle wasn't easy

Back