British Open - Open Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i shot the open on Wednesday. A very testing layout with birds that I never have seen or am ever likely to see on the local club shoots. 

I really enjoyed it despite my score although there were a lot of people in higher classes than me that didn't do so well so I'm pretty happy with my 70 in c class, 90 was the aim at the beginning of the day but it soon became apparent I wasn't going to get near that. Harder the English open course I thought.

My only gripe was the amount of battues and loopers barely anything had a straight line. Made things all the more hard for me. Stand 3 was a real challenge, even digweed dropped 3 on that, I just couldn't find the battue at all. Enjoyed stand 9 though with the pink incomer and the long right to left crosser, only dropped one on that and was giving the crosser about 12ft so well out of my comfort zone. 

I shot the open on Wednesday.

Thought the course was a good layout. More simo pairs than last year I think.

The only issues I had was lots of no birds on a simo pair of left to right crosses but kept a 7 on there so was happy. Shot 62 last year managed 80 this year in c class. Came 3rd on the Wednesday in class so I'm going back tomorrow morning, to see what's in store.

Latest posts

Back