British Open Hodnet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Well, What an event! Good weather for all four days, ground in superb condition. So what did you think?I saw George shoot a few stands and I have to say he was absolutely awesome, focussed, confident, concentrating on the job in hand, but pleasant, jovial and looking very fit.In his own words 'not bad for an old, formerly fat person, good course though, enjoyed it tremendously, and I will ask you which stand would you be confident of straighting again? ' So guys, what do you think? Would you have tackled that course with fixed 3/4 & Full choke? Many did.Personally I think Modified (Half) was enough for everywhere.Also surprisingly I think you would have found some tougher targets at any of our usual shooting grounds.Tom Jones & Dave should be congratulated on setting a course that was relentless in being tricky but not impossible.It takes a little sobering thought to realise that if you had shot your socks off and only dropped one on every stand ( how I wish) you would have been down to 105, also how about 'B' & 'C' class 100 & 99 respectively.What are your thoughts on Hodnet, is this the revival of English Sporting Clays?

I interviewed George last night for the main site - and he was very complimentary about the shoot:http://shootclay.co.uk/2011/09.....interview/I didn't shoot it - due my cock up in not booking before I went on hols, then too short notice when I got back. My bad, I will definitely be there next year to shoot it and cover for ShootClay.

I did shoot this shoot and found it to be one of the best sporting shoots i have attended.I shot it with half / half and found nothing out of reach.Tom gets you with being out of your comfort zone and doing things with the clays that have you questioning your reading of the targets.A good test of your own ability.Was happy with my end result after not competing for the best part of 2 years now.As for G D what can you say. The guy is awsome, Well done.

Back