British Open, Garlands

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there all five days and have to say , we have major issues with our sport.First of all I think when we enter we should nominate the class we are competing in ! Not enter in our CPSA class , shoot poorly and not qualify for the final but then get through as a alternative qualifier such as lady , colt, veteran, etc,. next thing we know we will be having transgender , non-binary or whatever you can think up.
Second , we need qualified referees who know the job , can see and their decision is correct and final , not subject to " he hit that Ref" and therefore we need to pay them correctly, not less than McDonald's or Aldi cashier rates.
Also if you have qualified for the final day but do not intend to attend and shoot why not let the organisers know so that the next qualifier can take your place?
Finally I think the course was very good , good targets , something for everyone . It has given me new enthusiasm to get out shooting more often
Tin hat on and awaiting criticism.
Agree with everything you said here , but as I said in an earlier post, we have a very amateur organisation running our sport and all of your comments would have been resolved by a more professional organisation running the sport

Interesting to read the comments about being governed by Amateurs ! How do we change that? Very easily , we volunteer to serve on County Committees, move on to Regional Committee , then get elected as a National Director , THEN change things rather than preen and pose and do F'all .Do any of you remember the Coaching Committee or the Groundowners Committee? both did a brilliant job to uplift our sport but both were disbanded by CPSA HQ Directors . All the issues with our sport can be easily resolved IF we ALL collectively pull our finger out .All we actually need is a Spring clean and motivation and ambition to move onward and upward.

Interesting to read the comments about being governed by Amateurs ! How do we change that? Very easily , we volunteer to serve on County Committees, move on to Regional Committee , then get elected as a National Director , THEN change things rather than preen and pose and do F'all .Do any of you remember the Coaching Committee or the Groundowners Committee? both did a brilliant job to uplift our sport but both were disbanded by CPSA HQ Directors . All the issues with our sport can be easily resolved IF we ALL collectively pull our finger out .All we actually need is a Spring clean and motivation and ambition to move onward and upward.
I have had the pleasure of serving on both county and regional committees over the years and felt at regional level any discussion with headquarters felt like any comments or feed back from members was just dismissed .
The monthly meetings was a 150 mile round trip and getting home around midnight to start work at 7am with no changes however hard people tried was difficult to take so after a while why bother .
County is always you need to do this why can’t we have county sheet vests ask the question where does the money come from general reply don’t the CPSA give us the money always when we wanted to enjoy our day out shooting my stock answer come to the meetings to put your ideas forward or join the committee no one ever did easier to complain a great number of people have given up committee work why keep banging your head against a brick wall eventually it hurts .

I used to be a CPSA member years ago #27572.

The bullying of scorers was terrible and I used to get into arguements about cheating and decided not to bother and just shoot at local grounds.

I'm sure that it was on this forum there was a CPSA member who was after votes to be elected by proxy :rolleyes:

I'm retired now and have no wish to give my time and money to be bothered. to be on a committee where it's almost impossible to change the status quo.

Sorry for being so negative.

I have many gripes with how the CPSA run things, the whole classification system is floored and exploited by those in the game, which actually makes the whole point of shooting competition over target only pointless, especially when you have higher classes purposely sandbagging to compete in the lower classes where there’s more money, then you have the regular clubs that allow shooters the option of not having to hand their cards in after a comp if it’s below par. The CPSA clearly states there are penalties for both club and member yet they never enforce it? So called celeb shooters not bothering to hand in the card as it will affect their celeb status on the circuit and doesn’t look good for their sponsors. Seen it, witnessed it nothing ever changes. Nice to now see some clubs handing out big fat zeros for those that fail to hand in their cards.

What is the deal with cards not being handed in? I was gobsmacked when I realised how widespread it is. I get a ground doesn't want to be boycotted by grassing up regular culprits but if reporting ALL scores, via master sheet if necessary was mandatory then where else could they go.

It's amazing how many "top" shots have a bad day and are always 11% under their average.🤔

PM.

Latest posts

Back